shackles

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by 72cruiser, Jul 28, 2003.

1. 72cruiser

72cruiser

sup y'all,

i'm goin through my suspension and changin out all the old stuff. i figure 31 years is long enuf.

already got poly bushings, looking at lift springs (probably not gonna happen now - $$$), and i've been searching the internet for some shackles.

i would like some that have ~1in of lift. nothing big, basically just a replacement for the ol nappy stock ones.

where can i find the best price? i've looked at ccot, sor, jto, and a couple other sites.

any ideas would be cool, thanks,
    jonathan
    jmalphr@clemson.edu

2. Gus

Gus SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Go with the greasable shackles, they kick ass. I have 2.5"(1.25" lift) greasable shackles in the rear of my 40, I baught them from TPI , pretty good prices and friendly service; I also baught my greasable spring pins from them. I'm running stock legnth greasable shackles from Spector Off Road in the front. The greasable shackles are worth the extra $$ they're easier to install and cut down on friction between the bushings and shackle.

3. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

Definatly get greasables. I'm running the anti-inversion greasables from SOR. About $170 for 4. I don't know how this compares in price to others, but they are very well made, and it seemed like a good idea when you're running 4" lift SUA springs. One less thing to worry about.

4. hullendersauce

hullendersauce

man, if you search hard enough, you can find some really good deals on lifts...(BDS, OME, etc...). i went with DAYSTARS shackles...greasable...OME pins....they are tough as f@ck!!!!

5. hammerhead

hammerhead

I forget what thread it was but there was a discussion about shackles and how if they are very much taller than stock you may need to shim your axle. You might look for it.

6. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd check "For Sale" on this board and on POR. There is always someone doing a springover or taller springs and ashcanning the old "lift" shackles. Post in wanted and see what happens.
    GL
    Ed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.