Shackles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
What brand/type of shackles is everyone running on their 40 Series? and did any of you achieve additional lift with the ones you chose? I'll be ordering next week and am looking for input. I like the shackles offered by Man-a-fre/BTB. Some say 80 and up and others are early to 80. What's the difference?

@lelandEOD: You said you didn't like your lift/shackles. Where'd you get it and why don't you like it?

I am looking for strength and function/usability since my springs are gonna be build for flex and articulation. I do plan to do a shackle reversal and I THINK both axles will be pushed out bit.

My lift is just a POS. I didn't know any better when I bought it as I was really new to LCs and it was one of the first things I bought for my truck. Mine is a SOR 4" arched spring lift with ridiculously long shackles. The issue with my suspension is that the rear springs keep flattening out causing the rear to sag and the front springs have never settled (at all) and my shackles are perfectly vertical.

IMG_2832.JPG

Once the diesel is installed and on the road, I'll probably have the local spring shop either remove a leaf from the front packs or flatten them out to see if I can get a better shackle angle.

I've already had them add a leaf to the rears and it really didn't change much.

My lift is just a POS. I didn't know any better when I bought it as I was really new to LCs and it was one of the first things I bought for my truck. Mine is a SOR 4" arched spring lift with ridiculously long shackles.

Thanks! I will avoid SOR (I do for most things anyways!) :) What color is your 40? Diana Green?

It's 6L4, light olive. The PPG number is: code 47627.

Thanks! As much as I love that color, I am going to avoid it for my build. Your hard work deserves some one-off respect. I am still leaning toward Fashion Green or Sundune White (Beige). But I am going to test spray a few others just to be sure.

Last edited:
Spector shackles are good! And they will always have the right bushing for whatever spring you run. Ruff stuff has some stout shackles that I have been looking at. They have an angled one- see if I can get my rear shackle angle better.

Spector shackles are good! And they will always have the right bushing for whatever spring you run. Ruff stuff has some stout shackles that I have been looking at. They have an angled one- see if I can get my rear shackle angle better.

Georg said he's got some he'd recommend. I'll probably go for his recommendation since I am kinda all in with him at this point. :) He convinced me to bail on the Harop up front and Detroit in the rear in favor of ARB all around. I don't know why I dislike ARB... I think it is the whole idea of installing so many components just to make something as simple as a locker actuate. I have always liked e-lockers because of their simplicity and ease of non-mechanical repair (wiring and switch). But it is what it is and I think it'll be the right setup for me at this time. Who knows, maybe version 3.0 of this 40 will see linked suspension, hi-steer on Dana 60s and cable (ox locker) or e-lockers. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom