Shackles Shackles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
I have the ShyJacker 4" lift sitting in my garage with Hyro 7000 Shocks that I am going to install next weekend. I'm going to Rocky Mountain tomorrow to buy Shackles pins and bushings. I had decided on the Greasable shackles and I have seen some other posts where people said anti-inversion are the way to go.

What do the anti-inversion shackles do for you?

Greasable $24.99, Anti-inversion - $149.99 - Thats a big difference!

http://www.rockymountaincruisers.co...D=1076257972.18893/page=store_suspension.html

Also Bailey told me to go to NAPA and get some 2 deg brass shims. NAPA says they don't sell them and can't understand why I would want Brass, being a soft metal. Any input on this?

Anti-inversion shackles will prevent inversions, Ken. That way the weather stays clear.

Thanks for the Pun Dave. Now if someone really knows the answer to this question, I would apprectiate it.

The shims are usually aluminum or steel, I ordered mine from SOR but I believe you can get them almost anywhere, check a local spring company. Check here, scroll down....
http://www.sor.com/sor/cat287.tam?xax=28115&page.ctx=cat287.tam

IIRC, the anti-inversion shackles keep the spring from inverting itself when flexed greatly thereby possibly breaking it. Your type of wheeling really shouldn't need them, unless you plan on rock crawling. Here's a link.....
http://www.sor.com/sor/cat288.tam?xax=1367&page.ctx=cat288.tam

Greasable shackles are great, remember if you go longer then stock you will need shims for the front also.

If you haven't started, hit all the u-bolts and pins with PB Blaster daily till you get to working on the swap. Might think of getting a propane torch too, those bushings will be a major pain in the ass.

romer,
As your springs drop, the shackle gradually comes into line with the long axis of the spring. If flexed the right way it is possible for it to keep going past this point and you can have the shackle inverted - bound against the frame rather than moving back to it's original position. Go stare at your truck and think about what happens when you move the tire down dramatically.

150.00 sounds high - the heavy duty ones from MAF are 99.00.

Do you need them???? prob not but that's a personal call. Definately get the greeseable pins but make sure that you use them. If not greased on a regular basis, the internal holes clog and you then just have regular pins with a fancy grease zerk on the outside.

like romer ,ive been looking into shackles for my 40, it seems the greaseable gsk super hd antiiversion shackles are far superior to any that i had seen. are there others? :D i have searched, came up with very little. :D

So do you apply any grease during installation, or is the coating sufficient at first. At what frequency should you grease them

Definitely grease them as you assemble things. How often after that kindof depends on your level of usage, but I would say quarterly when you are changing your oil and greasing the rest of the rig would be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom