Shackles and bushings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
Threads
I picked up a set of Alcan lift springs in trade but they are just springs so I'm learning.

Plan to use some 4Plus u-bolt kits and ill have to sort out shocks once I get them on.

Trying to figure out shackles.

First am I overthinking it? Should I just reuse the stock ones? I've been looking and I'm Trying to figure out exactly whats special about the 55 that prevents using an anti-inveraion shackle. Most anti-inversion ive seen do not list the 55 as an application. Man-a-free lists a set, but they show them to cover the 40 and 55, but SOR does not list there's to fit the 55, 40 only. SOR does have 3 different ID bushings for sale with 2 different lips. All ODs are the same.

So what shackles do you all use and/or recommend? And is SOR my go to for the bushings?

Thanks

I'd say don't over think it. What year is your pig? 60 shocks will work fine on it and the 4 plus u-bolts or the old man emu u-bolts work great.

Reason I ask about year is early pigs use a 16mm bushing for the shackle and later ones use the 18mm. That's all you'll need to know for shackles. You can use 40 shackles for 16mm and 60 shackles for 18mm.

Thank you sir, its a 69. So early. Just found it odd no one lists them in either config

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom