shackle reversal, soa, with FJ60 axles.. best way? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1967 FJ40 with 1984 FJ60 axles.. I am planning an SOA up front, with a shackle reversal. The spring hangers have been "side stepped" away from the frame approximately 1.5 inches at the rear of the springs, and a little less up front for the FJ60 axles... Now, what I have noticed is that everyone that does a shackle reversal, and an SOA, usually puts the steel tube for the shackle through the frame, by drilling a hole. This setup isnt going to work for me, as I have the 60 axles and the sidestep away from the frame.. I thought about buying the weld in kit from proffits cruisers, or maybe the one from MAF, but dont want the additional lift from the kit on top of my SOA... Is there any ideas on doing this? :doh:

yep...nutley's writeup is what i've been using as a quasi-blueprint for my soa on 62 axles...

he mentioned the fact that when he moved the springs forward on the frame, the shackle hanger moved forward as well, and with this the hanger also moved upward along the slope of the frame, effectively negating any lift from the fact that he couldn't mount the shackle through the frame...

malphrus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom