1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shackle Lift question

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by ChicagoFJ60, Aug 23, 2006.

1. ChicagoFJ60

ChicagoFJ60

How many inches can you raise stock front springs with shackles? 2" over stock? I recently got 2" rear ironman springs and want to leave the fronts alone, just raise it alitle with shackles. Should i raise the rear with shackles too??

Nicholas

2. bridges

bridges

Media:
    Albums:
    The rear ironman springs will give you more than 2", I got roughly 4 1/2" with CCOT 1 1/2" shackles adding about 3/4" of that.

I think the rule of thumb is: lift of shackles = about 1/2 of additional length. As stated above, expect that my 1 1/2" longer shackles gave about 3/4" additional lift.

If you don't see a lot of rocks (per warnings around here) I'd go with the Man-A-Fre shackle reversal kit. Bolt on setup to add about 2" to the front. If you do some rock crawling I think the lower front spring mounts tend to get hung up.

Send a PM to alpendubber - I think he is in process installing the shackle reversal.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">