shackle bushing nightmare (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have run out of ideas. I purchased the ccot shackles that are wider than normal. I have waited for backordered bushings many weeks to find out they did not fit..They sent the aussie style later and they still are .100 too narrow. I want this done right. Has anyone dealt with this? Any suggestions/fixes--other than cobbling it up. Energy suspension does not have the correct specs either..I have searched that route
IMG_2425.jpg
IMG_2427.jpg

whats wrong with the washers you have inserted :confused:

I dont see anything wrong with it just my $.02

I just tacked the flat washers to the shackles. Just make sure your welds aren't taller than the washers, or you'll have to grind em flush. Prolly don't even need to tack em, I did it so I wouldn't have to hold em in place.....

why in the he** should I have to shim anything? If this was a p.o.s. maybe, but I stated I don't want anything cobbled

Then send the shackles back or sell them here on the forums and buy different shackles.

I gotz me some divorced shackles this time round:bounce:gotz holes for the 3/4 bolt and spacer in they mids sos I can tie em together whenever I wantz

shackles

seriously?
I was going to write something but thats all I can come up with............seriously?

If that's the worst "nightmare" you have with your truck - you are a lucky man!

Rocky

Hence why I make my own shackles, doesn't take much time and it's an enjoyable, quick project. That's the issue with a mass produced part, it doesn't perfectly fit any given vehicle without modification where as if you make it yourself you can come up with whatever you want..

Look at the Ruff Stuff stuff. It's good, and not pricey.

If you don't want to make your own from scratch, AND if you don't want to send those back..

Take them off the rig, walk to a band-saw, and cut those ladder bars out of the middle of them.. Woiala (sp.) you have your own custom shackles...

Did this to mine and haven't looked back since..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom