Shackle angle improvement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My current setup :
img_2191.jpg

I tried a coil-over shock but did not like the feel of the car - too much :bounce: .
Too lazy to add a leaf .

Would a longer shackle fix the angle ?
If I fit a longer shackle in the front do I have to do the rear as well? - Currently the front is 3" and rear 3.375" . Car is nose down at the moment and I want a more level stance .

for a stock-ish suspension that is am ideal angle.

It sounds like you want it steeper? not sure why, that would be a detriment.

Mark...

Mark
I thought a little steeper would be ideal . Thanks for the advice .

My car is not level and I want to lift the nose a bit . The Ironman suspension has a tendency to be nose down . I thought by adding longer shackle I can get the nose up and get the angle steeper .

Guess I need to add-a-leaf (or put in a longer top leaf ?)

That angle does look pretty good. You could pull a leaf from the rear pack. A longer shackle will get you what you want the the ride and axle articulation will suffer. Most people don't mind the "stink-bug" cuz once you load up the back with gear it levels out.

A longer shackle will only lift the front of the vehicle about half it's extended length, if that. In other words a +2 inch shackle will net you about an inch of lift. This comes at the expense of approach clearance and weakening your stock frame mounts (due to increased leverage.) You do not need to add a longer shackle to the rear if you add them to the front.

I agree, that angle is good. If you go steeper you will experience a stiffer ride so playing with the leaf pack is going to be a better route.

FWIW, a truck is supposed to sit high in the back when it is empty. So that it is level when loaded and in use. We set most of our trail rigs to sit 1-2 inches higher in the rear when empty. We seldom use them on the trail in an "empty" state.

Even for a daily driver street rig, I prefer to have the rear a touch high at normal operating weight
so that I can at least carry a little more than that normal load without sagging. Cruisers are bad about this right out of the gate.

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom