Shackin Cats??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the search for my front right end noise I have found serveral problems that I have fixed but still have the noise.

I now can feel what is making the noise on the pass side floor up just before where the floor starts to bend up to the fire wall. At crawling speed, the shacking from the mud tires must be moving something under the floor. And when driving down a slightly bumpy road I can feel the flopping of what ever is moving.

Are the cats and guard the only thing under the pass side floor board that could be making the noise or is there something else under in that area that could be the problem?

I have gravel on top of the cat heat shield, makes a lot of noise at idle and such.

-Spike

x2 on gravel. When I pulled mine to weld in the new one it was peppered with stones and gravel.

The cats are fine, I took off the cover (got to love SS bolts/nuts). The cover is all dinged up but the cats are not damaged.

The problem is the muffler rubber mount is broken. The whole exhaust system moves up and down with every bump. A glob of bailing wire fixed that problem

man and I thought I was an oakball, pop the 10$ for the mount..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom