SOLD SF Bay Area: Trail Tailor platform roof rack with mounts for 100 Series (may fit other series) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've decided to save some weight and use load bars instead of a rack to hold my Autohome tent. Thus, my Trail Tailor rack is for sale. Located in the East Bay Area, California.

I've had the rack for about 3 years and it's been great. I had it custom made from Trail Tailor and it's very solid. I custom ordered it with a thicker main perimeter bar than standard.

Asking $350, but please read all of this before reaching out:

1) This rack started as an expo style rack with a basket in the front (see pics). In order to fit my larger tent, I had to do some surgery and cut off the front basket. I have added a close up photo where you can see I cut the welds and painted it.

2) The rack comes with all 6 feet and hardware to bolt into the roof your 100 Series Land Cruiser / LX470. However, one of the 6 upper feet that attaches the lower feet to the rack snapped recently. In talks with Trail Tailor, I think I had it too low in the front so it was pulling down on the rack too much and stressing the mount. You're welcome to try driving home with 5/6 feet but at your own risk. May be better to bring a truck or something.

3) The rack is rock solid, but in used condition. Couple little spots of surface rust here and there

4) You'll see in the photos there is thick gray rubber hose zip tied to the bars on the rack. This was to add some cushion to the tent and is easily removeable. I figured I'd keep it there in case someone else needs tent padding.

5) This tent was built for a 100 series Land Cruiser, but may fit a lot of other vehicles given the flexible mounting points. The overall dimensions are 84" x 52"

All in all a well-built rack that could bolt right up to a 100 Series, or be a good base for a more custom project. Let me know if you have any questions.

feHNVib.jpg

Bflnstr.jpg

kplRq21.jpg

QhN052H.jpg

lDPYl4q.jpg

here's how it looked with my tent on:

JnzdrCb.jpg

And her is how it looked with the basket on the front originally:

5pVT32c.jpg

Bump

Solid platform rack and the fraction of the cost of a new one. Open to offers.

sorry guys things have been a bit hectic and haven't been on much. Rack has been sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom