For Sale SF Bay Area, NorCal: 1997 Land Cruiser. SOLD. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The best stuff:
  • Triple Locked last of the 80 series, and very clean for its age (one of only ~1,600 made triple locked that year).
  • 125K Original Mi. (Yep, that’s right – have maintenance records and CarFax available).
  • Very low mileage tires in great shape, (5ea LT 285 R16 BFG AT, E rated). ’06 Sequoia rims.
  • Recent dealer installed:
    • Complete Brake job (new brake pads, rotors, seals, bearings, and shims + fluid flush/replacement).
    • New fluids; trans, diffs, radiator.
    • New OEM steering pump and hoses + fluid flush/replacement.
    • New OEM A/C pump, pulley, and clutch w/complete recharge.
  • 40th Anniversary floormats in good shape.
  • Slee dual battery trays installed along with washer fluid relocation kit (no 2nd battery or controller installed).
  • Slee in-dash center diff lock switch installed.
  • Slee in-dash (stupidly expensive) cup holder installed.
  • Shop manual(s) come w vehicle.
  • New antenna mast + new OEM door speakers.
  • New; key fob, wiper blades, rear washer fluid valve, moon-roof garnish.
  • Exterior paint in great shape, all interior faux wood removed for a clean looking finish (replacement kits available).
  • 2019 CA registration paid.
Asking $16,500.

The next best stuff:
  • Front seats; leather is worn in places and has a couple of small tears. Rear seats in good to excellent condition. No third-row seats.
  • Pesky heater hose issue does not seem to be a problem. Front bumper has minor alignment/fitment issue–no evidence of frame involvement. Minor dent in rear DS panel – barely noticeable
  • Pesky DS visor problem needs attention. Door actuators a bit wonky. Steering wheel sunburned and has been covered.
  • Over $20k invested.
This vehicle belonged to a sports photographer and has spent its entire life on the West Coast out of the salt zones – Santa Barbara, and San Francisco Peninsula (Hillsborough). I have most of the maintenance records from the prior owner as well as records for the above. All are things that I’ve done over the last few months and I have approximately $20K in documentable costs.

I also have a fully built out 100 series and was planning to build out this 80 series truck to keep for long term ownership. Unfortunately, the Office of Management and Budget vetoed the funding. Sadly, she-who-would-be-obeyed also likes and prefers the Hundy. Can’t afford both and the neighbors are already cranky about the parking.

This truck would be an awesome platform to build out a best-in-class expedition vehicle or simply drive an awesome, classic triple-locked daily driver. It has lots of life left in it and will no doubt make the right owner very happy!

(Caveat: I’ve done my best to fully disclose what I know about this vehicle and apologize if I have not given sufficient detail. Not really good with using IH8MUD postings and PM's but feel free to PM me with questions if you’re a serious buyer. Pretty busy but I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Would have included more pics but they only allow 5. I’m getting a lot of interest here locally and will let this run on IH8MUD for a couple of weeks before posting it on local sites. Many thanks for your kind attention and in particular for all the help and great information I received from this site over the years.)

Best regards,

Stealth

Last edited:
If I had the cash I'd be all over this, GLWS.

Thanks!

Able to attach a few more pics for those interested.

0DD8156D-4C4C-41F6-9887-3C860E0E1264.jpeg

I'm making no judgments about the rig but am curious was this purchased on CL? I swear I remember it, I remember the funny looking wheels. Also, might want to check VIN stickers all around, the hood looks like a potential repaint others will want to know. Good luck with the sale.

I'm making no judgments about the rig but am curious was this purchased on CL? I swear I remember it, I remember the funny looking wheels. Also, might want to check VIN stickers all around, the hood looks like a potential repaint others will want to know. Good luck with the sale.
Thanks. A friend of a friend did find it on CL last summer. PS pump and a/c were toast, but everything else looked very straight to my untrained eye. IMHO with all that stuff fixed and the new brakes and better tires all around the rig runs great - no steering or engine probs or hwy/alignment vibes - hums along better than my buddy’s ‘96. Thanks again for the diligent eye!

I have an fj45 I would trade you for this. It is a different kind of trail rig though.

Hi Tank, would luv to consider it but the OMB (Mama) says we gotta downsize. Hence, the straight sale is the only way we can go. Thanks, tho. Attaching a few more pics of undercarriage and seats

A few more pics...

fullsizeoutput_315e.png

H8ZpkXZxSkisdCU2RjkJtA.jpg

Thanks. A friend of a friend did find it on CL last summer.

Sorry, I'm confused about this statement. Are you saying the friend of a friend purchased it last summer or they found it and alerted you and then you purchased it.

Good looking truck. Any more info on the hood? Thanks.

A friend of a friend found it, I was alerted and I purchase it. Unfortunately I can’t tell if the hood has been repainted. Doesn’t look like it to me but I claim no expertise. The underside stickers show no signs of overspray as far as I can tell and door stickers seem to match and show no signs of overspray.

Back at you + txt as requested. Thx

Sorry folks. SOLD!

Really appreciate all the interest and feedback. It’s a great truck and I’m confident the new owner will give it all the TLC it deserves. Again, thanks for all the interest

Cheers,

Stealth

Congrats! My buddy at Avenue Auto said the truck looked great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom