SOLD SF Bay Area // Kargo Master Safari Roof Rack // FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

Selling a Kargo Master Safari basket/rack. 52" wide x 60" long, 6.5" high from the top of the roof on my 60. It's been a great basket rack, from hauling mainly kayaks, a spare tire, plywood, and luggage. I can stand up on it and move loads around without an issue. Not sure how old it is as it came with the truck when I bought it.

A bit of surface rust in the joints on the outside bars, could probably be taken apart and touched up.
I've mounted some Quick Fists for a shovel mount on the driver side, included if you want them.
Selling because I'm moving to a platform style rack for a roof tent. Might fit an 80, or a Jeep Cherokee. The gutter mounts can slide for narrower roofs.

Located in Walnut Creek, CA. Not shipping this out out, sorry. Asking $300.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_1502.jpeg

IMG_1505.jpeg

IMG_1506.jpeg

IMG_1507.jpeg

IMG_1509.jpeg

Last edited:
@flambeauriver You’d need some custom brackets or gamiviti channel towers to mount this.

Here’s how much clearance there is to work with for those asking:
A7337F5A-86AA-4234-ABD8-2E8CB86D218F.jpeg

"You’d need some custom brackets or gamiviti channel towers to mount this."
[/QUOTE]

So, it is a matter of clearance? that this rack would not clear the current factory bars? or it would not clear the curve of the roof? Still interested but I do want to make sure I can actually use this. I’m aiming for something like Ansel Adams used.
ansel.jpg

"You’d need some custom brackets or gamiviti channel towers to mount this."

So, it is a matter of clearance? that this rack would not clear the current factory bars? or it would not clear the curve of the roof? Still interested but I do want to make sure I can actually use this. I’m aiming for something like Ansel Adams used. View attachment 2014430
The roof mounts on the kargo master basket sit in the factory rain gutters and use a locking plate to grab the underside of the gutter. Without rain gutters on the 470, it’s a matter of figuring out a way to mount the basket to your roof.

Sold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom