SOLD SF BAY AREA 1993 LAND CRUISER WITH FACTORY LOCKERS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
WHITE
Outside Link
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/daly-city-1993-land-cruiser-fzj80-with/7353052832.html
Price:$20,000

Hello, for your consideration I have a stock white 1993 FZJ80 Land Cruiser With Factory Lockers for sale. Clean title with no accident history/reports. No rust on the body or chassis. Car lived all of its driving existence in Sacramento. Excellent running condition and very clean for a 28 year old vehicle. Pampered and well taken care of and it shows. Looks much better in person. Legitimately passed the very stringent PRE-OBD1 California smog test last month (see results on the pics). Evap and catalytic system are very healthy. It has 260,982 miles and going. Currently using it as my daily driver. Gets 100 Smiles per gallon :). My dad is finally moving on with his 97 LX450 with very low miles so I am about to acquire that. Hence the sale of my 93. I have uploaded a video on YouTube to explain details about the vehicle and to hopefully answer any inquiries. Please watch the video.

I have a copy of the CARFAX report for anyone interested. According to the previous owner , a piece of a metal storage in the garage fell apart and landed on the front door glass. Smashing the glass, landing atop where the belt molding sits and denting that part of the door. They bought another white door from a 96
LC had it refurbished and installed. The original window motor, regulator, inside door panel, side mirror assembly
, and belt molding were transferred to the new door. On the re-used belt molding you can see where the said metal piece landed. I and a friend inspected the body frame and body panels for any signs of a previous accident and to our eyes the owners story check s out. For any interested parties I encourage you to do the same. You can crawl underneath the vehicle as well as do a tedious inspection..

The vehicle is mechanically sound, runs and drives great. I did a lot of preventive and immediate maintenance that needed attention. The spark plug wires, spark plugs, distributor and cap are new. I changed all the injector housing connectors after 2 of them crumbled. I wrapped the main harness with DEI heatshield that is next to the EVAP hot pipe. It had oil leaks coming from the speedometer o-ring, distributor o-ring, valve cover, spark plug tube gaskets, 2 half moons, crankshaft seal and as well as the oil pump cover. All of those gaskets I changed and that fixed the oil leaks. I also decided to change parts of the water cooling system while I had everything apart although these parts visually still looked and functioned well. I installed a new radiator, 3x radiator hoses, all small coolant hoses, thermostat/gasket, thermostat housing bypass aluminum pipe with o-rings, water pump, fan clutch, both roller relays, and 3x belts. I installed a new oil cooler and gaskets. I discovered rust formation accumulating around the oil cooler corroding a part of the oil cooler assembly. I then decided to change the oil cooler itself. The oil cooler cover was still in perfect condition so it was re-used. I also changed the bank1 exhaust manifold gasket with new bolts since this had to be taken off to access the oil cooler. Down pipe gasket, CAT gaskets were changed along with new nuts and bolts. Both bank 1 and 2 oxygen sensors are new. The heater valve is new as well as all the surrounding hoses around it. I did a PHH bypass removing the metal pipe. I changed all the heater hoses leading to the rear heater. I used Gates Green Stripe hoses wherever possible and as well as TRIDON constant torque clamps. I find the TRIDONS are similar in quality with BREEZE which were on backorder during the time. The rear heater pipe next to the CATS leaked so I changed that using 1/2 Green Stripe heater hoses eliminating the metal piping. I also wrapped the individual hoses with DEI heat shield. I also used a triple layer of DEI tunnel heat shield to protect the hoses as well as keeping the heat from the passenger side. I changed all the transmission oil cooling lines to the radiator and oil cooler. I changed the both low pressure hoses on the power steering reservoir,1 pressure hose, o-ring on the suction pipe, new union bolt o-ring, and new banjo bolt gaskets. In the last 200 miles or so I did an oil change, transmission fluid, front/rear/transfer case fluid, and PS fluid. I also greased up all the U-Joints. I only used OEM parts unless otherwise mentioned. I will detail the list below.

Interior wise it is in good condition. The leather in the driver's side has seen better days and it will need new or re-upholstered covers. I have a simple seat cover at the moment that covers the imperfections. Passenger side, the rear seats, and third survived, but are weathered. If you are not picky there is no need to change the covers. I would do leather conditioning in their future. I ordered and installed GAMIVITI seat motor gears for the driver and passenger side. Both now work perfectly. Steering wheel and shifter cover is also weathered. I currently have a steering cover that the previous owner put on that does the job ATM. Dash and dash top are in great condition. Door panels are in good condition for their age. Some minor rips on the driver side. The windows and sunroof all work. They were a bit lazy going up after a wash, but after putting dry Teflon spray on the tracks they function well. No cracks on the dash. Plastic steering cover are cracked. I pressure washed the carpet and put on new carpet padding underneath. I did not get to pressure wash the third row carpet after my power washer pooped on me. I cleaned the metal floor pans with Simple Green and scrapped of the remnants of the old padding while the carpet was off. The headliner is in good condition. The visors look their age, but hold well.

Please do not expect a showroom condition car. It is simply not. The body is in very good shape for its age. It is a MUST see in person vehicle to really appreciate it. Pictures and video will do no justice. I already mentioned about the driver's door above. All straight lines, no dents on the body, some very minor unnoticeable scratches and dings. Front bumper has a slight pushed in dimple and some paint chips. Rear bumper has no hits. It has a tow hitch package minus the ball and pin.

There is NO RUST underneath. I have not done anything to the suspension. It is still fine. The BIRFS in my eyes looks very healthy. There are the usual grease formation around the sphere and not dried out. Michelin CHINA KNOCK OFFS are currently on the stock rims. They are in good condition as well with plenty of miles left. You will still see where the previous oil leaks have sprayed all over underneath the chassis. I never bothered to clean that. The good thing is that the oil leaks are fixed. Hopefully that may answer any questions that you may have. I will post as many pictures that I can. I also have a lengthy video that I have on YT which pretty much explains the same things I mentioned on this post. I forgot to mention that I also did a #7 pin mod and installed a CDL switch on the dash.

The following recent preventive maintenance has been done to the vehicle:

-New Denso radiator
-All 3 radiator hoses and smaller coolant hoses to the TB and radiator OEM
-New water pump OEM Aisin
-New fan clutch AISIN Blue OEM
-New Belts OEM 3 pieces
-New alternator roller relay NSK
-New AC compressor roller relay NSK
-New thermostat and gasket OEM
-New thermostat housing bypass aluminum pipe with o-rings OEM
-New oil cooler and all gaskets OEM
-New Heater valve OEM
-New heater hoses GATES Green Stripe, Gates Safety Stripes.
-New PHH or Pesky Heater Hose Bypass using Gates Green Stripe and constant pressure hose clamps.
-New rear heater hoses using Gates Green Stripe and constant pressure hose clamps. Wrapped around with DEI heat shield.
-New T-fitting for the rear heater hose.
-New transmission supply/return cooling hoses to the radiator using Gates hydraulic fluid hoses
-New transmission cooler supply/return hoses Gates hydraulic fluid hoses
-New windshield washer pump OEM

-New valve cover gasket OEM
-New valve cover bolts OEM
-New spark plug seals OEM
-New injector housing connectors 6 pieces OEM
-New spark plugs OEM
-New spark plug wires OEM
-New cap and distributor OEM
-New distributor o-ring OEM
-New crankshaft seal OEM
-New oil pump seal and bolts OEM
-New bank 1 and bank 2 oxygen sensors DENSO OEM
-New bank 1 exhaust gasket and nuts OEM
-New downpipe gasket and nuts OEM
-New bank 1 and 2 CAT gaskets, bolts, nuts OEM

-Oil change with 5/30 Mobil1 and OEM oil filter
-Front diff, rear diff, transfer case fluid change
-Power steering flush.
-Brake flush
-Transmission fluid flush DEX III
-Coolant flush using Toyota red coolant.
-New fuel filter OEM

-New Gamiviti seat motor gears for the driver and passenger seat
-New floor carpet padding for the front and rear seats.
-#7 Pin CDL Switch MOD.
-New wipers front and rear
-New hood shocks

I live in the San Mateo Peninsula area and will gladly show the vehicle by appointment during daylight time only. Leave me a number to contact you in the PM.

20210718_123312.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Wish I have the cash to jump in on this, looks good and GLWS, with the current market I'm surprised this is not sold yet. Love the Mazinger Z avatar.;)

Wow! Wish I have the cash to jump in on this, looks good and GLWS, with the current market I'm surprised this is not sold yet. Love the Mazinger Z avatar.;)

Thanks, Viper! I thought this would be my keeper for a long time, but my pop's finally decided to move on with his lx450 and sell it to me. I sold my 94 green locked 80 to my uncle when I found this white one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom