Service: Wheel bearing, Steering Knuckle, Brake & Timing belt W/Surprises! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Paul,

I can't thank you enough for the expertise and work applied to my truck. Now I have to come up with a name for it.
You're so welcome!

I'll let you know when I've rear coils springs and 30mm spacer in. Then we'll schedule a time we can install them together, and adjust the AHC sensor and T-bar again.

BTW: Best if you top off the gas tank before we do the job (adjustments).

Beyond awesome right up
This is just awesome, love keeping up with your work sir!
Thank you all!
I'm so happy you come here and make your present and feelings known. Otherwise I'd feel I'm wasting my time posting in mud!

Timing Belt tear down

What prompted the upgrade from chain tool to crank pulley tool?

You're observant.

A few things.
Doing one timing belt job every ~7 years, the chain wrench is an inexpensive tool with multiple uses.
This hobby has become more of a business. So doing multiple timing belts jobs a year, which justified the tool expense.
The tool means I don't need to remove the oil sending unit, to get chain on. This save labor and a dab of 103 FIPG.
Also @abuck99 found a good inexpensive one he pointed out.

The chain wrench found a new use. Holding shock when removing difficult tower nuts.;)

very therapeutic reading your posts. how you document your threads is the bar!
I take it, that "the bar" is a good thing!

Your wheel bearing coming loose is very interesting case.

Last edited:
Thanks, I am working on my 03lc, I check your threads one by one before I begin my job as usual.

You post so much great information and pictures! Really some of the best DIY guides I’ve ever read. 🍻

I’m slowly putting my own hands on more parts of my vehicles my biggest struggle is no garage for long jobs so if it’s more than I few hours I normally take it to my trusted shop. I’m really a fan of no one knows your vehicle like you though.

How often do you restore and sell hundys and how long is that line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom