Service Connector -- does this exist (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2mbb

SILVER Star
Threads
On the wiring diagram from the 1985 Land Cruiser wiring diagram, there is a "service connector" that has wires going to it from the battery, buss C (ACC on the ignition switch) and buss D (IG on the ignition switch). Would this connector exist on my 1985 FJ60 and where about would it be located?

I did find an empty two pole connector hanging out from the wiring harness behind my fuse panel but 2 does not equal 3.

1596067333879.png

I'm no electrical engineer, nor can i read the diagrams all that well, but my guess is you are looking at the service light plug??? Looks like the old school 120v ac home plugs without the 3rd ground hole. It is just under the right side of the glove box in dash pointing down at your feet. Hope i am right? Its on the Dome light circuit.

I have never looked for that connector, but Toyota did supply dealer techs with an Electronic Emissions checker for pre OBD vehicles, including USA FJ60s. Maybe that's the connector for it ?

1596075840676.png

1596075937228.png

It kind of makes me think of the “TSI” socket found on Saabs and maybe other euro cars from the 80’s. It was a round plug that you could plug a tool into that allowed you to do things like crank the engine from the engine bay and do some other simple tests. It stood for “Timing Service Instrument”.

the Toyota looks like 3 wires but wonder if similar idea
6C4CD991-981D-463E-A543-7548666CF424.jpeg

I'm no electrical engineer, nor can i read the diagrams all that well, but my guess is you are looking at the service light plug??? Looks like the old school 120v ac home plugs without the 3rd ground hole. It is just under the right side of the glove box in dash pointing down at your feet. Hope i am right? Its on the Dome light circuit.

thanks. I do t think to is the service light plug because that shows elsewhere in the wiring schematics. That service connector has all +12v wires but no ground connection.

It kind of makes me think of the “TSI” socket found on Saabs and maybe other euro cars from the 80’s. It was a round plug that you could plug a tool into that allowed you to do things like crank the engine from the engine bay and do some other simple tests. It stood for “Timing Service Instrument”.

the Toyota looks like 3 wires but wonder if similar idea
View attachment 2387999

that would make sense based on what wires are going to service connector.

do you have a picture what the connectors look like?

No, I just remember the unit from the guy who posted... I've tried to find one since then but they don't turn up...

Power outlet box.
Sits beside the airfilter on a HJ60 or HJ61.
Box with fused connections to B,Ig,ACC.
2014-03-09 20.34.35.jpg
2014-03-09 20.33.39.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom