"Serv Req" light on dash ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched but didn't find anything on this. This is a yellow light that flashes at engine start and then switches off.

What is this light tied to? Is this like a CEL (and probably emissions activated) or is it telling me something else?

I guess I am going to get the Lexus guys to pull the code. I just took the thing in for its 45k service plus all sorts of extras I insisted on. I can't imagine what else it needs.

How does Rob reset this light? (I'm pretending to ask for Rob's benefit, mine is doing the same thing and I'm too lazy to search or open my owner's manual.)

I searched but didn't find anything on this. This is a yellow light that flashes at engine start and then switches off.

What is this light tied to? Is this like a CEL (and probably emissions activated) or is it telling me something else?

I guess I am going to get the Lexus guys to pull the code. I just took the thing in for its 45k service plus all sorts of extras I insisted on. I can't imagine what else it needs.

That light is activated by mileage - oil change reminder. After around 3000 miles (after dealer reset) it comes on for a few seconds and then goes off. After 5000 miles it comes on and stays on.

Would I be able to reset it with a ScanGuage? Thinking about buying one. This might be just the perfect excuse !

Look in your owner's manual. I believe there are instructions for reseting this light. I could be confusing that with another vehicle though. In any case, if I recall correctly, you make sure the odometer is in regular mileage mode, then turn the key to ON (not starting), while holding the odometer reset button. The light will blink for a few seconds then go out. Next time you start, it should not come on.

ed's got it, make sure its in normal odo mode not trip, turn off key. Then hold reset and turn on key.

Ah, reset button worked ! Thx !

It is a 5,000 mile increment as well. Some vehicles like Mopars allow you to pick other intervals, but not Toyota. At least in 2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom