Series # location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1997 Landcruiser. 4.5L DOHC ENGINE W/24 VALVES 4-SPEED

Somebody from the 90's series told that I have a 80's series. How do I know which series? Is it FZ, fzj? Those type of details. Kind of curious on the differences.

You’ve got a FZJ80.

The number designation in the Land Cruiser “series” doesn’t relate to year.

Somebody from the 90's series told that I have a 80's series. How do I know which series? Is it FZ, fzj? Those type of details. Kind of curious on the differences.
The series refers to body style and engine. 1991-1997 Land Cruiser and Lexus LX450 sold in the US are 80 series. 91-92 are FJ-80, with the venerable 3fe motor. 93-97 are Fzj-80, with the vastly improved 1fz motor. In 1998 Toyota introduced the 100 series. Prior to 1991 it was the 60/62 series. There were others before the 60 and after the 100. Some, such as the 70, 90, and 105, and diesel versions of the 80 series (HDJ-80, HZJ-80) were not sold in the US.

Actually, technically, the series number is the body style, for the most part. All -80 designations have the same body. It does get weird sometimes, such as the 105 series, which is a 100 series body with an 80 series drivetrain.

The 80 series FAQ thread is a good place for more information.

Last edited:
The series refers to body style and engine. 1991-1997 Land Cruiser and Lexus LX450 sold in the US are 80 series. 91-92 are FJ-80, with the venerable 3fe motor. 93-97 are Fzj-80, with the vastly improved 1fz motor. In 1998 Toyota introduced the 100 series. Prior to 1991 it was the 60/62 series. There were others before the 60 and after the 100. Some, such as the 70, 90, and 105, and diesel versions of the 80 series (HDJ-80, HZJ-80) were not sold in the US.

Actually, technically, the series number is the body style, for the most part. All -80 designations have the same body. It does get weird sometimes, such as the 105 series, which is a 100 series body with an 80 series drivetrain.

The 80 series FAQ thread is a good place for more information.
Thanks for the info.

I just realized by the thread title that you are asking where on the truck this info could be found. I had to look, but it's on the door tag with the VIN and option codes. It's not very obvious, it's a string of characters in a longer string of characters just below the SKU. Both of my 80's say 'FZJ-80L'. I've never known anyone to include the 'L' at the end.

I just realized by the thread title that you are asking where on the truck this info could be found. I had to look, but it's on the door tag with the VIN and option codes. It's not very obvious, it's a string of characters in a longer string of characters just below the SKU. Both of my 80's say 'FZJ-80L'. I've never known anyone to include the 'L' at the end.

Ah ha, I found it!!!!!! Thanks for the info, trying to learn all the details of my truck. The 80 faq section was really useful. I could spend hours looking around their.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom