Serendipity 6.2 ( AKA Dipity's rebuild) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, time to bid farewell to the 4.5L. Almost 30 years and 400k+ miles it was a good run. But, don't worry it will be bringing smiles to the next owner.

20230521_183013.jpg

picked up a donor. 6.2L With a 6l80E with 110K on the clock the passenger seat got a little hot but the drive line looks to be good.
20230801_145811.jpg

some int pics. someone have the seat warmer on too long?

54642723_Image_8.jpg

54642723_Image_7.jpg

well pulled the internal circuit breakers to the pass seat and power windows. pulled the acc. lighting, mirror and such and sunroof fuses. hooked up a battery and she started right up. so far so good. only ran for about 15 seconds shut it off and checked the battery to make sure it wasn't getting hot from some sort of short. next time i will see if i can put it in gear. :)

well pulled the internal circuit breakers to the pass seat and power windows. pulled the acc. lighting, mirror and such and sunroof fuses. hooked up a battery and she started right up. so far so good. only ran for about 15 seconds shut it off and checked the battery to make sure it wasn't getting hot from some sort of short. next time i will see if i can put it in gear. :)

Read up on the 6L they can have some issues with the TQ converter. May be a good time to upgrade it when you get it out.

Already on that. Depending on which cam I go with, eyeballing something in the 2300-2500 rpm though. Going to do a dod/vvt delete. Been pinging a few tuners asking a fair number of questions. Really not looking for top end power (i'll just get into trouble there) Looking for a great low end grunt combo.

Last edited:
ended up ordering a BTR V2 stage 2 truck cam with bea hive springs and VVT/DOD delete and a few supporting parts.
got a Circle D 300MM TC with Stall Speed 2200-2400

still need to get some headers and motor mounts. but, i got other stuff to finish first.

Sounds like you're going for high rpm based on that s***, lol.

Beehive springs reeeeeally help with low end grunt, lol

:) needed something other then factory springs to go with the CAM and trunion upgrade. it should be real close to about 500 ft lb. at the crank but, that will prob be in the 4k range.

the old A442F has a 1st gear ratio 2.950:1
the 6l80 has a ratio of 4.027 so that should bump my low range crawl ration from a 35.8 to about 48.9 and double my HP.

on the other end, overdrive on the A442F is 0.765:1
where the 6L80-E 0.67 so hoping to get a little better SPM

Last edited:
:) needed something other then factory springs to go with the CAM and trunion upgrade. it should be real close to about 500 ft lb. at the crank but, that will prob be in the 4k range.

the old A442F has a 1st gear ratio 2.950:1
the 6l80 has a ratio of 4.027 so that should bump my low range crawl ration from a 35.8 to about 48.9 and double my HP.

on the other end, overdrive on the A442F is 0.765:1
where the 6L80-E 0.67 so hoping to get a little better SPM
Nice combo on the cam/springs/ trunion upgrade.
I have my DOD delete and cam kit somewhere in the new garage. Went with a much milder cam on the 5.3 L83. Just lt1 specs. Should bring me to 430 ft/lbs at the crank. No new springs jeered but I'm going to do them anyway while I'm in there with the higher miles. Also will do cam and crank bearings. Little.more work but I got this motor for practically nothing.

If I find a l86 with trans combo I may grab that and keep the l83 around for something else. I got time to think about a trans to go with the l83 though. Starting to lean towards a 10l90e but the sudden new house purchase has put a hold on putting too much money in to it right away.

Looking forward to see you do this.

ended up getting the valve train parts from AMS Racing
- BTR Stage 2 /V2 active Fuel Management AFM DOD VVT Delete Kit for Chevrolet L94 6.2L Engine
and a rocker arm trunnion upgrade kit and a new oil pump.
ordered a Circle D GM 300mm HP 6L80 LS Torque Converter - Stall Speed: 2200-2400
ordered/received the marks4wd adapter for the 6L80
Waiting on some MotorMounts from CruiserMatt
received my HPtuner (more to learn).

to do list:
headers - eyeballing the Summit racing Cast
radiator/fan ?
intake air filteration
Chevrolet Performance Musclecar Oil Pan Kit
fuel system change to support LS with E85
might freshen up the block while i hove it out.
still have to do the body swap on top of all this ")
at least the shop has AC now

Last edited:
I have a 4" lift, so you can maybe reference off mine, but I purchased Mark's oil pan. @cruisermatt and @GearGeek would have more insight with the oil pan.

yes you will want to do the H3/Muscle Car pan kit

anymore work on this as far as your parts list?

Mine is on hold due to house purchase but I keep seeing new (Sub 25K mile) L84 motors with 8 and 10 speed trans going for great prices around here.... my fingers keep reaching for that credit card... LOL

received headers, T/C, new body mount bushings, oil pan kit.

need to add a timing set to the list.

works be busy, and trying to get Garrett's 4runner finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom