Sequoia Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You couldn't convince him to buy a cruiser instead? ;)

I would assume that they are looking at the '07 and up ones with the 5.7L ?

The only item I would suggest is that they be aware of the size of the vehicle and the thirst of the engine for fuel - 14mpg is standard - don't be thinking that you are gonna get 20 ever out of it.... I just sold my 2007 tundra to my mechanic and it had 225k miles on it. The drivetrain is fairly solid in those '07 and up.

Mine is a 2002. Got it when we had 2 kids and 2 dogs to haul around. My brother-in-law and his daughter have 2001s still in use. Great vehicle! No major repairs. Mine has been on the beach at the Outer Banks for many years with no rust issues. The first gens had the 4.7L engine. It is ok, a little wimpy for towing. I would recommend the 5.7L if there are any plans for towing. Yes, it does like to drink gas, but the trade off is it is a big safe, comfortable vehicle with lots of cargo space. Perfect for road trip vacations.

My wife had a 2012. Zero issues. The 5.7 was solid due to my wife’s type of driving shuttling kids to sports and errands she frankly averaged 12.8 miles per gallon and we never got past 20,000 miles on set of tires.

But it was a fantastic vehicle to take on family trips to the beach and skiing very comfortable very roomy and very dependable.

Lots of accessories and aftermarket to satisfy his tweaking urges.

Hak

My wife DDs a 2006 limited with the 4.7. It has lots more room than a 100 or 200, is a good bit smaller than the 2nd gen 08+ sequoias and gets a bit better mileage than both. 14-18.

We really like it, nice useable third row with decent storage behind, and the rear hatch glass goes up and down which is nice for the dog and to drop things into the cargo area without needing to open the hatch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom