Sequoia 01-03 questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a co-worker who is looking to unload his Sequoia. I haven't gone to look at it yet. I believe it is a 01 or a 03 (can't remember) limited 4x4 with 147K. Anything specific I should look for? Is $5000 a reasonable price if it checks out?

I am aware of the frame problems and have a print out of the inspection points. Things he wasn't sure about: Toyota frame inspection and the time belt replacement.

Assuming it isn't a rust bucket, 5k is a decent price for a decent Sequoia. 147k is nothing on these drive trains and its honestly hard to find one with less than 180k. Look for a sticker on the timing cover or surrounding areas, if its been done once, your good. Check all the normal things, look for leaks, make sure the hvac works, check the rear window and handle, etc. I am longing for another one, but holding out for the 05-07 vintage with the 5 speed and vvti. Parts aren't too expensive and its a relatively simple vehicle to work on (sans starter replacement). Just make sure you drive it and like it before you buy it.

Still waiting on the guy. He is using it to get his wife back and forth to physical therapy. I guess it's easier than using a car. I did get first right of refusal. I'll keep this post updated either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom