September ROTM - Saturday, September 29 - Back Way to Crown King (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have to agree. Big bother would have to be pretty close to catch you. These hand held units are really not much than a CB radio. I know there are more advance features that could extend the range that would want to have a license. Might look into getting a license this winter when we are back in town.

Getting a license is easy - easy. Recommend Ham Test Online, interactive educational online tool with practice tests - you'll score 100% on the Ham test no problem.

Getting a license is easy - easy. Recommend Ham Test Online, interactive educational online tool with practice tests - you'll score 100% on the Ham test no problem.

Will look into it when we get back to the valley. Right now use my phone to hotspot fory computer and Windows 10 decides it has to do a update and chew a huge chunk of data.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the morning! :steer:

Please post up if you are on the list but NOT going to attend, so we aren't waiting around for you.

9am at the Chevron off Carefree Rd and I-17, we will roll out at 9:15, so arriving a bit early could be a good idea.

For those of you with HAMs we will be on 146.460. I have 2 extra handhelds to lend, 1 spoken for, so 1 left for anyone who'd like to borrow and monitor.

Remmeber to bring lunch and plenty of water! :)

@LandCruiserPhil and @tls3601, are you making this run tomorrow?
tls3601 I recall you're in PV, if you want to caravan down 17 let us know. We'll be leaving Dewey around 715am.

I will not be meeting in the morning. Have a good day all!

Thanks @Abigail for an awesome day outta on the trail. had a blast! I look forward to more. Here are some pics from the run.

DSC_4807.jpg

DSC_4810.jpg

DSC_4812.jpg

DSC_4816.jpg

DSC_4818.jpg

great pics - fun day

as the tailgunner, my only report is: I always had this slow white Jeep in front of me :flipoff2:

he managed to take what turned out to be the fastest route to Crown King after all, though :lol: - I think we waited for you guys some good 30 minutes at the General Store before he got antsy and headed into y'alls direction

thanks everyone for coming out and making this a great Club event - see you around next time :cheers: Claudia

PS: historic first for the Club: women leading and gunning, even while on different communication systems :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Things I’ll remember from today:

@Abigail throwing together a nice September run, that included a “long turn” that ended up being pretty cool.
@Cruddz bringing his puppy, Julie, to play with my dog Maui as well as the smell of a carb on a 60. Smells like yesteryear.
A Bowie knife
Lexus racing team stickers
Crown King’s beautiful 6500’ elevation and eating lunch in the parking lot of the Mill
Meeting quite a few new faces

P.S. if anyone has any good pictures or videos of my cruiser in action, I’ll pay you a quarter out of @Mattman ’s change jar.

I had meant to ask about the carb - I have one, too - on my 40 :D

I had a great time today on my first run with the club and my cruiser! Thank you to everyone for being so welcoming and especially to @Abigail for leading a fantastic run!

Thanks to all who came out on this run, we had a lot of new faces and all skill levels with no mishaps or damage (that I am aware of)! :) hope we didn't scare anyone off and will see you all and more runs in the future!

I think I counted 16 trucks on this run, which made for a very large group, but I'm impressed we made such good time and arrived in CK by 2pm, even with a detour (that's what happens when you don't pre-run the trail and your GPS is wonky:doh:). Turns out the detour saved us from what would have probably been some headaches, so all in all a good run.

A couple of us stopped by the Cleator Bar & Yacht Club on the way back to I-17, and we saw some pretty interesting vehicles rigged up for some kind of Mad Maxx Derby race, here's my favorite:

Px6OCp0.jpg

jlCScLb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom