September POTM - FJ55TLC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The City of Rocks was an interesting place and I would like to have done a lot more exploring there. I have also had the opportunity to four wheel around the Lake Henry area and that was fine also. Jmack would know more since he is a resident of Idaho.

I noticed a slight leak from my steering box input seal when I returned from Utah. Last week the slight leak turned into a stream that was spraying directly on to the exhaust header. I ordered a new seal from Toyota and it was pretty easy to install and no more leak. Now the power steering pump is noisy when it is cold. So I installed the spare pump. All is good. I have been driving it since it has been snowy. I would rather have some idiot run into it than my Camry.

I installed the plunger gaskets that Pablo made on both left side doors. I started to get the drivers door stripped so I can add sound deadening material after I paint the inside of the door with grey POR15. I have noticed a rattle when I close my drivers door lately and found the rear window run channel laying in the bottom of the door. So, I have one more thing to fix, but progress is being made.
Those plunger gaskets are slick, Pablo! Very nice. I also installed SloCruisers door handle gaskets also.
I found these pictures from 2010:
Fj55-1.jpg

longwater#19.jpg

Metberry#34.jpg

Makes a difference, doesn't it. I've used "Cruiser Crap" (similar to dynamat) inside all doors and side panels, rear tailgate, firewall and floors. Incredible difference.

Great to see & hear some of the gang in action!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom