September Meeting - Galveston (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

duggy

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys,

I reached out to you guys for meeting spots and got some great suggestions back. I heard constant mentions of heading to the beach so I took that and ran with it. With some great leads I think we're gonna have something a bit different this month for a meeting spot.

Since the first weekend of September is a bit stretched for Labor Day, let's get out and do some camping in a short 2 day trip to the beach and hit up a brewery. Here are the rough plans:

Sat Sept 5th
12:30PM - Meet at Galveston Island Brewing and convene to take the 1PM tour
2PM - Hang around and have some brews
4PM - Head to San Luis Pass to setup camp

Sun Sept 6th
Head home whenever you'd like

The plans above are elastic so we do not have to stick to that itinerary. There are some great photo ops and I am hearing the fishing is great at San Luis Pass right now. Load up the cooler, fishing equipment and let's head to the beach! Post up if you plan on attending!

Facebook Event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/709045089202209/

Just called Galveston Island Brewing and we are good to show up on the 5th right before 1 to take the 1PM tour. Brewmasters is that weekend also.

should be ok! I can bring extra rods so they can join in on the fishing action

Gonna have to renew my fishing license...

What's wrong with taking kids to a brewery? I am fairly certain I have seen it before.

@klinetime574 thanks for the reminder, I need to go ahead and renew my fishing license also.

Thanks yall. Turns out we are already committed for that night. I'm bummed. I wanted to deploy the new RTT!

Darn!

@klinetime574 thanks for the reminder, I need to go ahead and renew my fishing license also.

No prob duggy.

I also am going to let people know here that dogs are okay to have at Galveston Island Brewing. I discovered this via their yelp page. Now I don't have to worry about that part of the trip. I have two K9's to bring with me.

I think it'd be in both of our best interest to bring plenty of tennis balls to the beach for the pups too.

I think it'd be in both of our best interest to bring plenty of tennis balls to the beach for the pups too.

My dogs will probably be on ground stakes with 25ft leads when at the beach. One of them is shady. I'll watch him closely though.

I got my fishing license this past weekend when I went to Texas City Dike. I'm still undecided on which truck I'm going to take out there. The 100 is still in pieces being worked on and the 80 doesn't have valid tags. I may have to take the Raptor

Not sure if I'll be fishing. Will most likely just ride my mountain bike and drink beer.

I got my fishing license this past weekend when I went to Texas City Dike. I'm still undecided on which truck I'm going to take out there. The 100 is still in pieces being worked on and the 80 doesn't have valid tags. I may have to take the Raptor

Hundy or I'm gonna make Ford jokes the whole time :)

Haha, the 100 is definitely not leaving the garage until it's painted and done. Right now it's either the 80 or the Ford. We'll see :)

Reminder: The Galveston Island Brewing and San Luis Pass camping event is this weekend. We will meet at Galveston Island Brewing at 12:45 and take the 1 o'clock tour and then head to San Luis Pass for some beers and camp fire talk. Hope to see you all there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/709045089202209

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom