September Cleanup!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes folks, it's getting to be that time again.

Saturday September 24th.

Copper State Cruisers will be hosting our next trail cleanup and campout in September at the Fossil Creek Bridge on FR 708 Between Strawberry and Camp Verde. There will be plenty of room for those who would like to camp on Saturday night after the cleanup. We will hold a small raffle after the cleanup.

More info to follow, including:

meeting times and places
cleanup agenda
forest service response

I will be there and to camp - bringing clean up gear - raffle items - some Tee shirts - CD's and Music/PA - and the umbrella - lets pray for no rain cause it has on every clean up so far :eek:

PS Wth monsoons in full swing, the roads should open up?

Last edited:
We are hoping to make this clean up a good time to meet and hang out (rather than just the job at hand)

I will be taking music requests - to load into my ipod for the event PM me your musical request or send me your Mp3's - Jonathan don't hold back

Can a stock rig make it?

Just found this. I don't know if it is in the area you are talking about or not. If not then I look forward to attending. BTW, how long does it usually take to process membership applications?

Here is the info and where I got it and a map link of the area at the bottom.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/conditions/index.shtml

Red Rock Ranger District
Closure Order

7/26/05
There is an "area closure" in effect for the Flume Trail and Fossil Creek area to the wilderness boundary north of the Irving Power Plant. This closure is expected to remain in affect over the next several years during the deconstruction activities of the flume structure and facilities. The Flume Trailhead located near the Irving Power Plant along FR708 is officially closed including access to Fossil Creek south of the springs. The Fossil Spring Trail and trailhead located on the Tonto NF along FR708 above the spring will remain open. Access to the Flume Trail from Fossil Spring is closed.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/conditions/closure-orders/6-14-05-flume-trail-closure.pdf

D

Also is there any chance of getting a couple of songs from an Arizona home grown indie band like (RCPM) Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers?

I am waiting to here back from them. I sent out an email to Kelly Jardine with the FS. Some of you may remember him from the Sheep Bridge cleanup (he ran the power washer all day). Hopefully he'll get back to me this week with the proper contact info.

Last edited:
I also sent an email to Connie Birkland, with the red rock ranger district, first thing this morning. Hopefully we won't have to change location on this one.

Phil,
Being as how you are familiar with the area, will you follow the first link in Cantinero's post and confirm the location of the "bridge" against the closure shown on the map.

quote: Also is there any chance of getting a couple of songs from an Arizona home grown indie band like (RCPM) Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers?
--------------------

Can do! - - - - - - - :)

desertdude said:
quote: Also is there any chance of getting a couple of songs from an Arizona home grown indie band like (RCPM) Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers?
--------------------

Can do! - - - - - - - :)

Gracias!
Do you need me to supply some or do you have them?

D

I'll try to swing that and for camping too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom