Sept or Oct events? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all

I'm in Austin for Septemeber and October and wanted to see if there any rides/events planned? Looks like the last one was in March

I'd be down to hit up Hidden Falls (I've never been there) or an overland trip through Big Bend!

I've been thinking about checking out the James River Crossing out near Mason, but would be up for Hidden Falls (never been either) some weekend.

I was looking at setting something up in October when it cools down a little. Let me know when you;re in town would love to meet up.

There is some expo event going on in Austin on October 18-19:
Texas Avid Outdoors 2nd Annual Fall Outdoor Expo | Facebook
"We would like to take the time to invite all of you to our 2nd Annual Fall Outdoor Expo! Last year was a resounding success! As we draw nearer we will be high-lighting all of our participating vendors both old and new! This is a family friendly event so kids are welcome! We are an outdoor enthusiast/adventure group who loves to share our passion of the outdoors with other. There will be lots to do and see for both adults and kids alike! There will be interactive displays, games, awesome expedition vehicles to look at and great food to enjoy! As a reminder, this a free event! The only thing that will cost you is the food that will be available and it will be very tasty so please come out and spend some time with us!"

-Jay

I was looking at setting something up in October when it cools down a little. Let me know when you;re in town would love to meet up.

Big Bend? Tentative to go with one of my brothers October 22-25

I'd be interested in meeting up sometime as well if you're free at all. For me, work starts to slow down towards the end of September so an October trip would most likely be something I can do.

-Alex

Someone say Big Bend? Don't know it work will allow me to get away till November but I may be able to pull some strings for a Thursday to Sunday trip like last time. I still need to check out the pay to play places near by since I've never been.

I just got back from Big Bend National Park....the scenery was amazing but it was still soooo hot in the day but perfect at night. You just end up sitting in the shade most of the day or driving with the A/C full blast trying not to get past 220 degrees :)

From a 4x4 point of view it was a snooze...I never even needed it. Went down Black Gap road and did all of River Road. Def would be a fun overland trip with a crew.

If anyone does go down to the National Park there is water fill up at the main Visitors Center and a gas station right near there with fairly priced fuel and beer for the location.

Last edited:
Still down for an adventure to Hidden Falls, etc.! Name the spot and time if anyone is thinking about heading out

Haha dang I'm heading to Big Bend in two weeks! Hopefully I'll have my ac fixed by then. How much longer will you be in town for?

Haha dang I'm heading to Big Bend in two weeks! Hopefully I'll have my ac fixed by then. How much longer will you be in town for?

Def through October. That James River cross seems like a neat swim spot. I found this video, do you think the river is that high currently?:

And for Big Bend do you have an awning? I took mine off and regret it all the time! Not sure how much the weather will change in 2 weeks but I would want an awning of some sort if I went back again.

I'm going to Big Bend with a group of guys and i believe we are going to be doing about 100 miles in the park over the 3-4 days we are there. I've not been to that river crossing, but if it is like the rest of central Texas rivers right now, I'd imagine it being quite low/ dry :/. And i do not have an awning, but that was on my list of items to have by the time I leave haha. I am actually building out my rear drawer system/ sleeping platform today.

We just had our monthly meet up this past Tuesday. Its a shame you weren't in town at the time. I'd love to grab a drink sometime while you're in town and talk cruisers if you are free at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom