sept long weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i am heading up to mud lakes to check out the slide.. will be there for a few days. i will be bringing my smoker and plan on smoking a pork shoulder and brisket over the weekend, with a feast one day. Any one interested in making the trip you are welcome.

Scott.

Last edited:
Mmmm pig bake at the slide,sounds interesting. Any chance you want to spend the first night at Kelly lake,then head out in the morning through china creek (big Barr),or is that the wrong way?

Careful Steiger, the black hand is near..lol...

haha. the highjack police must be on holidays. :D

so i talked to Chris and he is in. also talked to Raz and he might make it if he fixes his junk. he broke it the weekend after the secret camping trip around the same secret spot.

jeff i'm thinking of bringing that don julio just to see what happnes. :D

Hi Guys...

We have two options...

Depending on work, I can get away about 1-2 pm on Thursday so,...'

Kelly lake route..

this will bring us in on the east side of the slide, we will have to cross it one way or another to get to mud lakes..

1. we can go to Kelly lake Thursday afternoon, leaving Friday to get to the slide and figure a way around it with a final destination of Swartz or mud for Friday afternoon. this will allow for some relaxing time sat and setting up the smoker for a nice dinner on Sunday drive home via the Hurley Monday

this will allow people to drive up and meet us if they wish on sat or Sunday.

Via Gold Bridge

drive directly to mud lakes Thursday afternoon, leaving all weekend to check things out and get to the slide from the west side.

or we can just go Friday via this route..

please chime in on what you guys think is best, when can everyone get away?..

FYI, Labour Day weekend is a regular gathering of motor bikers at Mud Lake.

I might head up there this weekend to ride the KTM, just to get away from the chaos that will be Ironman.

seriously... or are you kidding? i was hoping for a nice quiet weekend like i had in June, there were at anyone time only two people camping between mud and Swartz...

we night need a new plan....

yap will need a plan B. i'm not that familiar with the area so no help.

also is there a chance we could leave friday? that would work much better for me and chris.

leaving Friday morning is OK, but we need to leave early, its 5 hrs to mud. as follows:
pemberton 2.5hrs
hurley 1,5
mud from gold bridge about 1hr

we can just go up there, there are lots of places to camp, we can go to swartzh or just past there by the creeks.

or explore and find a place.

how early can yo leave?

i can leave very early as i'll have the truck packed this weekend. just have to unplug the fridge and leave. :D

cant speak for chris or raz. i'll give them a call tonight and see what they say.

exploring the area would be awsome and if we do decide to do it to find a camping spot, we should leave as early as possible.

rendezvous at the Tim Horton in north van at the Canadian tire store, just over the 2nd narrows bridge or do you want to meet at my house.. i am in Lynn valley 2 mins from the highway.

hows 7am meetup? puts us at mud around 1-2 ish with stop in Pemberton for fuel.

Scott

sounds good man but let me relay the massage. 7am might be a little early but we'll work on it. ;)

ok Scott how about 9 am thursday morning meet in north van. thats the best i could do man. LOL

also how many people are going? sounds like there may be two groups and about 8 trucks total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom