sept long weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yes i think george said he will be leaving friday afternoon with the rest of the gang but myself and chirs will join you for sure. i dont think Raz will be ready by friday morning so he will likely hook up with george. so who else is in? jeff? lance? graham?

also we should check to see who is bringing what so we dont duplicate equipment. i'll bring a chainsaw and will likely have the generator again as i dont think the fire ban will be lifted by then. will also try to squeeze a table so we could have some sort of kitchen area like last time.

Sounds good. I will bring a smoker, which we can use as a fire pit, I don't think the fire ban covers open bbqs.
I will have a few dogs with me again. Sadly the old dog Keisha is no longer with us.
RIP Keisha.

keisha.jpg

Last edited:
oh s*** sorry to hear that man. seemed like she was doing well on the last trip. at least she had a fun life. RIP.

so do we have a plan B yet? i was just looking at my maps and if the china head route is not doable, i wouldnt mind going further up to churn creek fsr and hit dog creek. been many years since i have been in that area.

also i assume our last fuel stop is gold bridge. how much more expensive is gas and is the place reliable or should we fuel up in pemberton?

I just got back from there. The slide is impassible by any vehicle with more that 2 wheels. It was still a bit sketchy with the moto. Looked at the possibility of connecting to the logging cut just south. That would be doable, but there are a few obstacles that would need to be addressed and a lot of windfall and fallen trees that would need to get cleaned up enough to make a path.

The slide debris would need to be moved by an excavator. There is a lot and is ~300m long

Chatted with the Fire Warden for a bit. He is figuring that the fire ban will continue through the long weekend.

Bring scuba gear. The beavers dammed up creek in the valley between Schwartz Lk and Churn Cr. Thigh deep!!!!.

Chatted with the Fire Warden for a bit. He is figuring that the fire ban will continue through the long weekend.

its hard to call it or see what they will do but i am crossing my fingers. four years ago, we had the hotest summer on record and the fire ban was lifted in the middle of labor day weekend. forcast calls for some rain and we havent had anything close to 2009. i hope we get lucky.:)

Last edited:
so do we have a plan B yet? i was just looking at my maps and if the china head route is not doable, i wouldnt mind going further up to churn creek fsr and hit dog creek. been many years since i have been in that area.

also i assume our last fuel stop is gold bridge. how much more expensive is gas and is the place reliable or should we fuel up in pemberton?

don't really have a plan b.

there is lots to do up that way, we can set up a base camp and go and check out the slide, we can go to poison mountain we can also climb up to top spider mountain.
51°11'23.76"N lat 122°57'31.06"W long on Google earth, there are a few pictures.
the run up spider will take a few hours and will suck up some gas for sure...
everyone should bring some gas, the only place to get fuel is in Pemberton....
THERE IS NO FUEL IN GOLD BRIDGE... (AT LEAST NONE IN MAY.OR LAST YEAR)

ok cool. i will bring extra 60l of gas. this will gurantee 500km range no matter how i drive.

ok thanks.

btw wtf jordy. you only have two posts here. :D

Ya new account!

I've not logged-in in a couple years and couldn't remember my password and my old email address is also long gone.

So now I'm a newb!!!!

Here are a few quick pics from yesterday, so no real close ups.

560495_10151825603315033_848575789_n.jpg
1174856_10151825603395033_1242826005_n.jpg
I
1208764_10151825603215033_2000128889_n.jpg

I'll probably have some better ones from the girlfriend's camera. I'll get those tomorrow and post on Wednesday.

Oh what a mess! . . . . . guess I need to resize my pics but I can't find the edit button . . . . . . . I'll fix this tomorrow!

Looks fine..the pictures that is.

Hey Jeff!

Well on my view the three pics are all horizontal not vertical, so it's messed up this whole thread. Not like I've never done that before, but I've worked hard on being a better person and don't plan on changing back.

LOL!

Sorry about the pooch Scott,can't say it didn't have a long and good life. Sass can you pass my # on to the merc man. John is the only one driving up with me ,Friday ish?

Sorry for your loss Scott. I'm a possible maybe, sorry for a late reply been busy.

Sorry about the pooch Scott,can't say it didn't have a long and good life. Sass can you pass my # on to the merc man. John is the only one driving up with me ,Friday ish?

will do. he is out of town but i think he will be back today.

i'll give you a call anyway tomorow to compare notes and get synchronized.

on another note i heard the fire ban is lifted and the forcast looks awesome.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom