Sensor lift with pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Decided to try the AHC lift. Didn't cut the adjustment rod just shortened them as much as they would go in the front and to the top of the slot in the rear.

At first it wouldn't go into H, but I hooked up techstream and front pressures were at 9 and that's likely why it wouldn't go. It took about 7 turns on the TBs and not I'm at 6.3 front....but 3.8 rear. I don't know how that will affect the rear but I'll try it out for a little while.

I have LC springs in the rear and LC torsion bars.

I gained about 1.5" all around in N. When it H it's HIGH lol. Looks like a 3" lift. I plan to get an alignment as well. If this starts stressing my CV's I'll probably go back to stock.

Screenshot_20210214-103347_Instagram.jpg

What's strange is the driver side sensor is almost straight, but my passenger side is all wonky and I can't figure out why.

20210214_110153.jpg
20210214_110141.jpg

What were your rear pressures before the lift?
7.2 front/ 6.1 rear

Then I lifted and it was 9.9 front/ 6.6 rear

Then I adjusted the front and it went 6.3 front / 3.8 rear

I even tried to adjust the rear sensor up higher to bring pressures up but it didn't really work

A BATH - all it needs is a bath

Hahaha, yeah now that hunting season is over maybe I'll wash it. Do people use pressure washers on the engine bay?

I like the look of a simple sensor lift but if one decides to go that route.BEWARE…. definite abnormal tread wear and possible premature CV axle wear is before you….

9D6E992E-5F95-433E-BEF2-B6B65CF679BF.jpeg

CCDE8B6D-8DE7-4803-898A-F20B1D8BBE5E.jpeg

73A35E5D-4A0B-4D90-A1B4-FF8EB9E68269.jpeg

Did you get an alignment done after lifting?

The CV looks aftermarket… or at least the grease does.

There's really no reason to do this other than for swag right? It pretty much makes everything worse...

By the way, mine is higher and I do love the look. I am thinking about putting it back down as its a highway cruiser and with little kids I really want it to be safe and stable

There's really no reason to do this other than for swag right? It pretty much makes everything worse...

By the way, mine is higher and I do love the look. I am thinking about putting it back down as its a highway cruiser and with little kids I really want it to be safe and stable
As a general rule, you want the least amount of lift that gets you from A to B. A lift is bad for every objective performance measure on the road (and even a few offroad - tip-over angle anyone?)

What heights should I aim for to get a little higher with minimal trade off for wear and stability?
My suggestion would be factory heights - or as close to that as your ego can withstand. ;)

Did you get an alignment done after lifting?

The CV looks aftermarket… or at least the grease does.
No I didn't. Axle appears to be OEM but grease is some I added until replacement day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom