sensitive gas pedal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anybody have a fairly sensitive gas pedal? like you start to press it and it doesn't necessarily feel like it hangs up but it doesn't actuate real well. makes the truck feel kinda jumpy (not major just a little)?? Is this pretty normal? not a huge issue, just feels like it should be more smooth.

Brian

frode said:
anybody have a fairly sensitive gas pedal? like you start to press it and it doesn't necessarily feel like it hangs up but it doesn't actuate real well. makes the truck feel kinda jumpy (not major just a little)?? Is this pretty normal? not a huge issue, just feels like it should be more smooth.

Brian

My '91 idles at about 650, but pressing the pedal even reeeally lightly jumps the rpm's to 1,000 or so. Probably a throttle position sensor issue, but I haven't tried to chase it down. Definitely wouldn't hurt to run the FSM tests on the TPS.

Curtis

Actually i think that a really sensitive throttle is a combination of a clean throttle body and a new or great condition throttle cable.

If the throttle doesn't seem to actuate very well, i would look at those two culprits first.

I had this problem - I replaced my accelerator cable and it cured it.

This is a relatively easy and cheap thing to do, so if your accelerator cable shows any outward signs of being original (cracked plastic or such), I'd replace it.

Mine used to snag a little with the old throttle cable.
I replaced it and its much smoother accel now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom