Sensitive Brake Pedal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I've gone through most of the threads on here regarding brakes.

Long story short, it was recommended we get our brakes looked at, and there is a noticeable difference in the pedal throw from any other vehicle I've driven.

When braking the pedal seems to go quite a ways down before the truck actually begins to slow down, and the power applied seems to be a very sharp increase from any other vehicle Ive driven.

Just to explain another way...hopefully someone else has experienced this so we can get it figured out before a road trip...

You have too be pretty sensitive with the brakes, I mean if you push them too fast or too hard its acts like you've slammed on the brakes. Almost as if the pedal isn't engaging until its to the point where you would normally be braking fairly hard on a down hill or something similar.

Hope this makes some sort of sense. Thanks for any help.

If you push the brakes very quickly, brake assist assumes that you are trying to panic stop, so it applies full breaking force. The seat belts tighten as well.

The first part of the brake travel is relatively spongy. I think that stainless steel brake lines might improve the feel.

Sent from my iPad

I read that in another thread, I didn't think that it would be that lite of pressure, I mean I drive it the same as I drive our other vehicles, I may have to play around with it when I get home and see what its like when I actually do step on it hard/emergency stop?

Are your other vehicles Toyotas? They tend to not feel like great brakes but they do the job (these are not BMWs for sure) and over time you get used to them. The stainless brake lines will improve the feel for sure. Of course you can get better biting pads too as a less expensive option to upgrading to larger brakes. If it's more than general mediocre Toyota brake feel, get them checked out...

Same thing I noticed with new to me 2013 LX570. My 100 is very direct and progressive. The 200 is somewhat spongy then tightens up quickly. Really have to pay attention for smooth breaking in city driving.

This is different than the power assist during panic stop. That was a whole other experience. :)

Well my truck is a 14 sierra, but every other vehicle I've had have been toyotas, to tacoma, FJ cruiser and Tundra. I won't compare them to the 40 haha, the pads were replaced in may along with rotor resurface at the dealer.

Thanks for the input too, this is a new to us cruiser,(for a couple of months) so we haven't had it that long and I don't have that much experience with the newer series.

Thanks for the input too, this is a new to us cruiser,(for a couple of months) so we haven't had it that long and I don't have that much experience with the newer series.

If you go back and forth between the Cruiser and a different daily driver, it might feel weird...but when the Cruiser is your daily driver...the brakes no longer require thought.

If you push the brakes very quickly, brake assist assumes that you are trying to panic stop, so it applies full breaking force. The seat belts tighten as well.

The first part of the brake travel is relatively spongy. I think that stainless steel brake lines might improve the feel.

Sent from my iPad

Personally, I find the brakes are excellent.

BUT!!! If you feel something might be wrong...definitely have it looked at.
**Don't let our opinions here stop you from checking something as important as your brakes.

I have a 2014. I agree with you. My brakes are very sensitive/responsive. I have to work some at stopping the LC smoothly. Then again, I have only driven this car 800 miles and I am still getting used to it. The brakes are very touchy.......that's my experience. Maybe I am not used to having such a nice, responsive brake system........coming from Chevy tahoe's and driving my other Land Cruiser 80 series.

Personally, I find the brakes are excellent.

BUT!!! If you feel something might be wrong...definitely have it looked at.
**Don't let our opinions here stop you from checking something as important as your brakes.

Agreed, I do feel that from what I've driven that the brakes do work and work well, its just there is little room for messing around, I do notice that when compared to my GMC that if you want to stop, the 200 is going to stop! My GMC as scared me a few times to and from Houston when a hard stop is needed.

I will drive it some more when I get home to double check. My wife hasn't said anything about it, but that doesn't mean anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom