Senseless Bling! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Threads
I couldn't resist.......

it was almost the exact color green the 25 will be....

and just a touch of chrome...

100th Anniversary Hi-lift, it'll look good if I ever get the resto done. :doh:
PA200005.JPG

Oh I GOT to get one of those for my green 40 :D

I need one in white and gray, so what anniversaries are those? In the mean time I guess I'll just paint the red ones I have. I've had one of them over thirty years it's ready for a paint job anyway. Cheaper that way cause I use my vehicles and the paint just gets beat up anyway. I don't have one of those pavement :princess:

John

Last edited:
BTW, Jim . . . . I like what appears to be rubber steps on your running boards. Looks very "retro." Tell me / show me more. :)

Landcruisersteve said:
BTW, Jim . . . . I like what appears to be rubber steps on your running boards. Looks very "retro." Tell me / show me more. :)

I dunno, something the PO did, just a rubber mat. Now that I think I about it, it was kinda nice to "just " drop a drivetrain in that one and start using it. :D

Living in the Past said:
Steve here's a link to a tread about the running boards. What do you have now?

Mine's just the solid ribbed type with no provisions for an insert. But, I did Herculine the running boards on a couple of my previous FJ40s and thought it looked kinda cool. Not to mention preventing all the paint from scuffing off from careless steppers.
running board.jpg
FJ40 running board.jpg

Last edited:
So Steve your saying the running boards are like diamond plated. Never seen a short one that way. All mine are flat with a ring around the edge to hold the pad down and is held on with screws and nuts. Does the front that bolts to the fender look factory? If it does I guess this something for non USA again. I guessing someone took a newer longer one and shortened it. The rubber pad was used until the mid 69 model FJ40 then a piece of diamond plate was spot welded to the top. Around 74 or 75 they changed to one piece where the diamond plate is just stamped into the running board. Is the Diamond plate spot welded to the step or part of it? If it is part of it I'm guessing it's a shortened new one.

Check out the tread about the rubber pad. What do you guys think about a group buy? The pictures that Landpimp (John) posts are the same material as some of my running boards.

Wait a minute what does this have to do with 100 anniversary High Lift Jacks :confused:

John

Last edited:
Just felt like posting a pic. What do you think the PO used on this running board? :doh:
board.JPG

I had to check my parts, I thought the on your orange one Jim was one of my. What ever the PO was using must have been the same stuff as your PO was using.

John
Img_0514.jpg

Living in the Past said:
So Steve your saying the running boards are like diamond plated. Does the front that bolts to the fender look factory? If it does I guess this something for non USA again.

Yep, kinda like a diamond plate pattern. And yep, the front bolts to the fender look factory. Everytime I look at my 25, I think about that line from the movie Starman . . . . "You're not from around here, are you?" :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom