Sema Tacomas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
You guys see these? The green v8 one looks pretty sweet.

SEMA 2008: Toyota Tacoma Truck Concept Live - PickupTrucks.com News
6a00d83451b3c669e2010535db17ba970b-800wi.jpg
6a00d83451b3c669e2010535db6804970c-800wi.jpg
toyota-tacoma-v8-incross-concept-at-sema-2008.jpg

I read that the one with the stripes on the side has an original interior from a 1982 (or so) truck. Apparently they found some leftover cloth from the original seats that was never used and made the interior from original material.

I soooo want that tan one, it also has an 80-series solid front axle. There's a thread over in the Chat section about it, with interior pics.

From: https://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat-section/249313-awesome-retro-09-tacoma-solid-axle.html

Check it out, I love it!
tacoma-retro-f34-750.jpg

tacoma-retro-r34-750.jpg

tacoma-retro-int-750.jpg

Toyota never seems to run out of ideas for SEMA vehicles. Take this Tacoma we saw tucked away in the corner. It's a little tribute to the '80s pickups that earned Toyota its reputation for dependability and efficiency. The stripes, the white steel wheels, the tube roll bar with KC lights -- it's all there.

Toyota kept it simple underneath the skin, too -- a four-cylinder engine, automatic transmission and a solid front axle borrowed from a Land Cruiser. Makes all that crap on the rest of the trucks at SEMA look even dumber than usual, doesn't it?

2006-11-01%20m_Clean_Hilux.jpg
1984-toyota-sr5-4wd-longbed-half-ton-truck.jpg

More pics...

taco80struck1560.jpg

taco80struck2560.jpg

taco80struck3560.jpg

it looks like Toyota has finally caught wind of the Solid Axle Swap buzz and recognizes it as a solution. one thing that crossed my mind was if you could purchase the factory control are mounts/coil buckets and have a solid axle swap by a qualified installation technician performed and still retain a factory warranty?

I know the 79-85 axle swaps are popular here, but here is an example of another 80 SAS into a Hilux. So there are two examples. What's the difference other than the springs? Is the LC axle wider or beefier. Seems like this could be a popular mod for newest gen Toyota trucks if a kit could be engineered and packaged just like for the 89-95 trucks.

Australian 4WD Action dedicated to 4WD, 4x4, SUV, Truck, 4 wheel drive and off road community, loaded with tips, tests, reviews, travel, gallery and forum
16-94918_02.jpg

Geez I bet it took a lot of fab work to get that diff on the driver's side.

I know the 79-85 axle swaps are popular here, but here is an example of another 80 SAS into a Hilux. So there are two examples. What's the difference other than the springs? Is the LC axle wider or beefier. Seems like this could be a popular mod for newest gen Toyota trucks if a kit could be engineered and packaged just like for the 89-95 trucks.

Australian 4WD Action dedicated to 4WD, 4x4, SUV, Truck, 4 wheel drive and off road community, loaded with tips, tests, reviews, travel, gallery and forum
this video doesn't show how well this truck performed but it has the 80 series axle in it. they have larger knuckles. are 3" wider IIRC and are all high pinion. some came with an optional E-Locker. If for what ever reason you felt the need a low pinion will bolt right in place. AND 1993 up have ABS sensors so you don't lose that awful feature.
Geez I bet it took a lot of fab work to get that diff on the driver's side.
it's not that bad. I did it here. Dr. Custom Werx - 4X4 & Offroad Fabrication

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom