Selling your third row seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who has sold their 3rd row seats and hardware? Do you regret it? How much did you get for them? I am asking because I am considering selling mine. My 80 is my 2nd vehicle and is a dedicated trail rig. I use the 3rd row in my 100 but I don't see myself ever needing them in the 80 again(from the looks of them, they have never been used), but I am afraid I will wish I had them at some point. The seats have been in my basement since about a month after I got the truck and I have had no opportunity where I said "Dang, if I just had my rear seats". The truck is only driven as a fun vehicle pretty much. Me and my wife and our 2(and only) kids or 2 friends may go somewhere in it, but never more than that in this truck.

I hear what you're saying... After getting mine I just use the front two rows.. but having the third is always a nice option I think. I mean.. do you think you'll ever take extra people on the trail with you? My Dad, Stepmom, and little Sis will come visit me in CA this winter and I still will only need the front two rows.. but it's nice to know I can pull out that third row from the garage if I need it.. Then again my 80 is not a dedicated trail rig...

Sold mine about a year ago with no regrets and more storage space both in the garage and in the rig. I didn't get much ( $100 I think ) buyer paid all shipping.

When I first got my rig I thought about buying a set of third row seats for it as it didn't have them. However I have yet to have a single instance where I would have used them so I don't think it is something you are going to regret.

Ought to see what these things cost new from dealer... whew!
dfm

I used mine alot when i would go into the city to go to the bars/clubs...fit 7 of us...sure beats taking a couple cars and trying to find parking for both. As the gas prices went up, i took them out for less weight and only put them back in when i sold it.

Just been to a commitee meeting for the 4wd Club and we were discussing the removal of rear seats. There was an article in the paper a couple of months ago regarding this. Below is a email I recieved tonight about removing seats.
If your local laws are different then NO WORRIES but it might pay to check before disposing of them

Below is Queensland Transport's policy regarding temporary removal of
seats:

Modifications to vehicles are regulated in Queensland to ensure those
vehicles remain in a safe condition. The Transport Operations (Road Use
Management - Vehicle Standards and Safety) Regulation 1999 requires
modifications to be approved. Seating capacity changes are approved though
the Approved Person scheme.

The main principal that needs to be addressed in scenarios that have arisen
in relation to the removal of seats is whether the vehicle is actually
modified or has just been reconfigured in accordance with the manufacturers
various options. If seats are reconfigured, no modification occurs and
approval is not required. The other factor is the length of time the seats
will be removed.

Queensland Transport's policy in relation to this matter is as follows:

For vehicles fitted with quick release seating attachments as original
equipment, temporary removal of the seats is acceptable. A Modification
Plate does not need to be fitted. This is commonly the case for four
wheel drives and people movers.

For vehicles fitted with bolt in seating structures, no approval by an
Approved Person is necessary for the temporary removal of seats,
provided the category of the vehicle does not change as a result of the
seating reduction.

Vehicles with the permanent removal of seating structures must be
approved by an Approved Person and a Modification Plate must be fitted
for the reduction in seating capacity. In this circumstance, any change
in vehicle category must also be taken into consideration prior to the
fitting of the Modification Plate. The vehicle operator's insurance
company and Queensland Transport should be advised of relative changes
to the vehicle.

NOTE: For the purposes of this policy, "permanent" means the seats are
removed for an indefinite period or not expected to be refitted.

Queensland Transport will mutually recognise interstate drivers travelling
in Queensland who comply with their own jurisdiction's requirements. These
drivers are advised to carry some proof of this compliance.

At the time of a Safety Certificate inspection, the vehicle must be
returned to the manufacturer's original condition or have a Modification
Plate fitted for the seating configuration as presented.

The vehicle modifier/operator is responsible for ensuring that the safety
of the vehicle is maintained and that all seats, when being re-installed,
are re-installed in accordance with relevant standards and recognised
automotive practice.

Please note that modifying a vehicle that adversely affects its safety, or
driving or parking an unsafe vehicle on a road are breaches of the
Transport Operations (Road Use Management - Vehicle Standards and Safety)
Regulation 1999.

I just sold mine on Monday. $200 for just the seats.
Didnt really care about what they are worth. Needed $$$$ fast.

I'm in the process of trying to sell mine now. They have been in storage since I got the LC and one of them got used once. They are getting replaced with a sub-box and drawer system.

I tried selling mine, but my wife found out and quickly put an end to the auction. Oh well I guess they sit in the garage for eternity.

Why not weld up a couple of brackets and use them as seats in the garage/office? Make the brackets bolt up to the seat, and a castered base. Might get a bit of use out of them. I did this with the last row seat from a GMC safari I had in 95, and it made a great place to kick back and relax watchin TV in the garage or nappin in the backyard. The small seats would allow for a great scoot around seat for detailing/birfin/brakejobs, etc.

stevezero said:
Why not weld up a couple of brackets and use them as seats in the garage/office? Make the brackets bolt up to the seat, and a castered base. Might get a bit of use out of them. I did this with the last row seat from a GMC safari I had in 95, and it made a great place to kick back and relax watchin TV in the garage or nappin in the backyard. The small seats would allow for a great scoot around seat for detailing/birfin/brakejobs, etc.

:idea: That is a great idea...

I use mine for overflow seating in the living room. They kind of look neat sitting there, getting them up on a stand would be even better.

I'll keep them as long as I have a place to put them, they may come in handy some day, but I am a pack rat. I just recently threw away a bad water pump from a car I sold 5 years ago :doh:

I am also a packrat, but I'm in a 12 step program of selling and tossing stuff:) It's working well so far. It only hurt a little to throw away my bent up junky stock bumpers.

I just hauled nine people up Rainbow Beach. Four kids across in the third row.

"Uncle David, we don't wanna' double buckle anymore..."

"OK, I'll strap one of you to the roof!"

:bounce2:

Geez! Your Aussie officials must have just too much time on their hands...rules, rules, rules...

Mine have been out of mine for about 3 years now and I haven't needed them yet. I just recently pulled the floor mounting strikers and will be removing the mounting brackets on the wheel well soon.

All to be put up for sale soon...

That said...the 3rd row seats in the :princess:'s 80 will stay :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom