Selling my 1985 FJ60. Looking to sell my FJ60. 189,000 miles. what should I ask? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Carnac.jpg

I really hate it when individuals who have contributed NOTHING to the community over the years, pop up as a 1 post wonder asking how much their Land Cruiser is worth.

Especially with a incomplete post, no details or pictures or any other way to make a guess or estimate of worth. I'll say this to @Sanc -it is likely worth much less than you think or hope. It's a 32 year old car, it has a lot of miles. I'll say $1500. $500 if the frame has rust.

The way to really find out the worth, is to post at a price that is reasonable to you, but say you'll take the best offer. See what kind of offers you get, not what other owners wish theirs was worth.

Here is a good example of how to do a for sale ad on ih8mud:

1988 Fj62.

Runs and drives great, it is my daily driver and has made multiple 300+ mile trips this year.

It currently has 210K.
Interior is extremely clean with no rips or tears, dash has two cracks.
Two small surface rusts spots are present.
Paint is 80% original with touch ups here and there.
Has small oil leak.

Has been a complete stock cruiser 95% percent of its life.
In the last 1K;

3" OME Heavey Duty Lift with add a leafs (about 4.5" off stock)
16" Tacoma Alum. Wheels mounted with Bighorn 285/75R16's (33x10.5)
Front Bull Bar
Custom Rear bumper/tire carrier
Rack

Comes with all 5 original wheels, and original front and rear bumper both in great shape.
Have a few misc. parts as well; extra belts ect.

Large price drop, I need to sell for student bills.

$10,500 firm.

View attachment 1536960

View attachment 1536961

View attachment 1536962

View attachment 1536963

View attachment 1536964

Ya man.... too many variables and things we would need to see and know before any kind of estimate could be made.

@Sanc

Ok we'll giveyouanotherchance to redeem your first post if you provide the following:

Pictures inside and out of the car and any of the bad parts of the frame if it's rusty.

Pictures of the engine compartment.

Degree of rust on the truck.
Stuff that doesn't work.

At least a paragraph of any issues the car has and any repairs that have been made.

These cruisers can be worth $500 for scrap or $25,000 for resto-mint concourse condition.

It must be a Bot.

I'm about 6 hrs by plane. I'll give you double what it's worth: $200.

@Sanc

Ok we'll giveyouanotherchance to redeem your first post if you provide the following:

Pictures inside and out of the car and any of the bad parts of the frame if it's rusty.

Pictures of the engine compartment.

Degree of rust on the truck.
Stuff that doesn't work.

At least a paragraph of any issues the car has and any repairs that have been made.

These cruisers can be worth $500 for scrap or $25,000 for resto-mint concourse condition.
I really hate it when individuals who have contributed NOTHING to the community over the years, pop up as a 1 post wonder asking how much their Land Cruiser is worth.

Especially with a incomplete post, no details or pictures or any other way to make a guess or estimate of worth. I'll say this to @Sanc -it is likely worth much less than you think or hope. It's a 32 year old car, it has a lot of miles. I'll say $1500. $500 if the frame has rust.

The way to really find out the worth, is to post at a price that is reasonable to you, but say you'll take the best offer. See what kind of offers you get, not what other owners wish theirs was worth.

I appreciate the second chance . I will get enough pictures this weekend and obviously more information.

Joined today.

anywhere from 500.00 to 25,000, even more if Jonathan Ward just built it for you. Location is also a variable. Winchester England, Virginia,
Indiana? We have members from around the world.

I realize my first post was pretty much pointless. I've been at work 16 hours most days. Have little time for posting. It's a good running cruiser. I hope to get pics up this weekend and full info. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom