Selling my 1973 FJ 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I plan on selling my FJ40 and wanted to offer it up here first. 1973 with engine and 4 speed transmission from a FJ60. It has been the most reliable 4 wheel drive vehicle I have ever owned. I have hard top and doors painted and ready to go but never got around to installing since I like the open air ride.
Email me at deollanik@sundt.com for inquires or more pics
Asking $22K firm

I am looking for a 200 series or newer to replace it

Dave

770A66E0-B590-430B-8005-E19F36992C0F.jpeg

1500F66E-1319-4174-AC9F-7B6F7C44BDD4.jpeg

Wish I could come get it, David. Are you replacing it with another rig?
Yes - I’m thinking 200 or 300 series - even Lexus 470/570. The new Tundra is coming out on Landcruiser frame and transmission

Curious how you handled the hand brake with the 60 series power train? With the shorter four speed the transfer case setup would work.

Have four Toyota SUVs that all have an auto and are 4WD. But could never see me not owning at least one 40 series. Guess that why I'm "Living in the Past".

Well, 300 series isnt available in the US (hopefully in Lexus guise but not word yet), so... 200 it is! :cool:

GLWS - Love 40's.

Curious how you handled the hand brake with the 60 series power train? With the shorter four speed the transfer case setup would work.

Have four Toyota SUVs that all have an auto and are 4WD. But could never see me not owning at least one 40 series. Guess that why I'm "Living in the Past".
Hand brake not operational…..

Kids are going to have to take my 40 keys away. ;)

That being said, hope it stays local.

Kids are going to have to take my 40 keys away. ;)
I can help you bypass the ignition lock - don't worry about the keys🗝️ being taken away :oldman:

I have decided that the 40 will be my "post-combustion-engine-era" hold-out vehicle :hillbilly: :flamingo: - I mean someone has to be able to keep going :steer: while the EVs are all sucking teat for juice :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom