For Sale Selling Matilda - FJ 45 Troop Carrier (dual fuel) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm selling the Troopy. A member of our family for some time. She has brought us great joy and will be missed. Bought it from mud member (JSaltLick) and was as billed. She's seen parades and crawfish boils etc.. but family is changing and it's time for her to go to a new home.

1982 FJ45 Troop Carrier "Troopy". RHD, dual fuel (propane and gasoline), Original paint (mustard yellow), factory A/C (OEM Nippondenso unit), OME 2.5" lift/shocks (from Bull) w/ greasable anti-inversion shackles. Reverse kit on hangers/springs, two sets of OEM rims ("steelies" w/ Toyo A/T's and lots of tread, and a set of 5 spoke OEM's, now black). The truck comes w/ a custom roll cage from Metal Tech w/ 3 B pillars, cross ties and supports as well as base plates and frame tie in's.... still in the wrapper. New speaker bar from J**P to span across the cage, bucket seats from TPI Off Road as well as OEM front bench. Two rear benches, rear tire carrier, new thermostat, fan, clutch, hoses. 4+ front bumper w/ shackles and new Warn 8274 never....never unspooled once. All glass intact. Optima yellow top. Round Eye headlights, new bib/front grill.

It has a hole in the exhaust/header that needs patching/replacing. The metal is very good in the floor pans, rear quarters, running boards, rockers, rear sil and rear floor and fenders. There was an insulation in the rig when I got it on the fender wells. When this was removed, it appears that the rig has rust spots at some of the seams of the fender wells. I got some wells stamped from PACOL, LLC - PACOL,LLC
Long story short, the stamped wells will also come w/ the truck. They are very nice.

Asking $14,000 for everything. ... or "reasonable offers"

You can pm me here or email me at PScottBx@yahoo.com (please put "Re: Troopy" or something to help w/ the spam that I'm always deleting).

Thanks much for taking the time to look.

Scott

Prior to lift:
DSC04431.jpg

Lifted:
mardigras.jpg

Propane setup:
DSC04083.jpg

DSC00443-1.jpg

Second set OEM's:
DSC04335.jpg

Round Eyes/Front:
DSC04474.jpg

Original insulation material/Rust in fender well:
DSC00445.jpg

HPIM1054.jpg

New wells:
newwells.jpg

OME Lift and inverted hangers:
DSC04828.jpg

DSC04831.jpg

Decked out for Mardi Gras:
mardigras1.jpg

Back_lifted.jpg

Thanks for looking
Scott

Last edited:
great Troopy, great owner!

Sweet truck bump!

Pm'd

Bump for a great vehicle and an even better seller. If you're interested in this vehicle and talk to Scott about the Troopie, you can take his word to the bank. Truly, there are lots of good people on this forum and he's one of them.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'll let you know if I run for office. I'd need you! (no, not gonna do that anytime soon).

PM's / Emails returned.

Thanks for the interest

Nice looking Troopy. Sorry you need to sell.

Can you please post some interior pics; new front seats, rear seats, dash, floorpans, rear floor.

On the Metal Tech cage; will the factory jump seats still work with it, or were you going to do something different after installing it?

I know the ad mentions AC, does it work? and does it have PS?

I know the ad mentinos it came from JSaltlick, but do you know anymore about the history than that? Did it come from Oz? Know when? How about mileage? Ironically with these things, its not typically a deal breaker, but a interesting fact none the less.

Nice looking Troopy. Sorry you need to sell.

Can you please post some interior pics; new front seats, rear seats, dash, floorpans, rear floor.

On the Metal Tech cage; will the factory jump seats still work with it, or were you going to do something different after installing it?

I know the ad mentions AC, does it work? and does it have PS?

I know the ad mentinos it came from JSaltlick, but do you know anymore about the history than that? Did it come from Oz? Know when? How about mileage? Ironically with these things, its not typically a deal breaker, but a interesting fact none the less.

Thanks for the note. I'd be glad to post all the pics you want/need. A few folks emailed me and I said I'd do the same for them. I have many pics of the rig and it's life w/ us but none specifically of those parts. I hope to do that this weekend. If you send me an email, it would be easier to send many files b/c I hope to "zip" them. I'll still try to post some here. I'm sure others will want to see the same.

As far as the cage goes, it's in the wrapper but the way LT and I discussed at the time was to place a hoop "between" the benches. (the troopy has 4 rear benches). Looking at the seat rears (back support) they look close on many rigs so I would be somewhat concerned if I wanted to put all four back. However, for me, I didn't like the children (or really anyone) doing any long term riding sideways and was always my intention of putting a second row of front buckets or putting a folding J**P bench and then using only the two benches in the back in case needed. So, in short, it was planned for but it wasn't gonna be an issue for me.

A/C works but never really used it b/c I ran the rig mostly w/ the top off and/or windows down.

No PS in the truck but through the board and 45 tech section there is an older American truck that used the box on the outside of the frame rail and could be used for a RHD PS conversion... just never did it. Had the box.. returned it.

I know John (JSaltLick) and know he imports a number of rigs. I also know that this one was an AUS rig from the money I found in it and the original BOS and owner's manual. I'm not sure of the year. I'm sure you could PM him and ask...he's a good guy and wouldn't mind telling you what he knew. Just reference the thread.

...and I'll get back to you on the Km's... not a problem.

Thanks for all the questions, the interest and hope this helps some. Send me your email if you want me to send you what I collect this weekend.

Scott

Tried to find what I had in hand. I'll try to post more specific pics to the part.

My 10 y/o driving. (Kinda see buckets and rear)

101_1069.jpg

buckets, A/C unit

DSC05244.jpg

DSC05242.jpg

Please don't think that these are the images you requested or my attempt to take the place of what you asked to see. These are just some I had on had and access to while at work. Does show a few sides of the rig, the seat, the A/C.

I'll try to have more this weekend.

Thanks for looking

Scott

Roger that. Thanks. Will PM email address.

Dang nice truck

Thanks for the extra pics. PM sent. Free bump.

Emails/PM's replied to .. thanks all

me

Damn that's a sweet truck!!! The previous owner must have been a fantastic person!

Feel free to PM me with any questions on the rig. I've imported a ton of trucks and I remember this one well. It's the nicest troopy I've imported and it's 10x better now. I'd buy it back if I had the $$$.

Picture Bump...

11.jpg

New Warn 8274.. never ..ever, used. Roll cage from Metal Tech.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom