Selling a few rare parts a few rare parts: cable locker, Non-US hardtop...

I should be at the D.C. Area Swap Meet - Nov. 5th selling the following:

set of 5: 16'rims with 33'x12' Yokohama Geolander $350.00

Factory cable locking diff: $800

very good condition/color tan Factory Non-US hard top 81: $400

Factory Roll bar $150

Factory seat belts $50

79 Wiring harnes $50

79 fan shroud $20

79 radiator bracket $20

Cable locker gearing

What is the gear ratio on the locking diff?

Thanks,
Michael

Diffs are 4:11 and Hard Top has additional vents in the rear...

I'm not sure if anyone knows what I'm talking about when I say Non-US hardtop... I'm referring to the hard tops that had the additional vents behind the rear pop out window.

Landpimp

GOLD Star

like on canadian BJ42's? just a small vent.

SuperDuperCruizer said:
I'm not sure if anyone knows what I'm talking about when I say Non-US hardtop... I'm referring to the hard tops that had the additional vents behind the rear pop out window.

SuperDuperCruizer said:
i thought that was 78+ or something

SuperDuperCruizer said:
I should be at the D.C. Area Swap Meet - Nov. 5th selling the following:

Factory cable locking diff: $800

I'll be at that swap meet as well. What gear ratio is the diff? Also, do you have the long spline axle for the diff?

I graduated from VT 2002...

I'm now attending University of Maryland @ College Park. I used to wheel with the offroad club @ VT. Actually, I knew some of the guys that started the club. I had a 78 FJ40 back then & she took a beating on the mountain lake trail. It was pretty funny, because I was going to part the truck out a week later. So, I really pushed her limits and she enjoyed it. That day, I pulled out an old Bronco, CJ5 and a 83 Toyota Pickup. After each pull, I drove the 78 through the same mud hole and made it through no problems. Too bad, she was rusting to pieces. I gave up on the 78 after I bought an 81 FJ40 in good condition. The 78's body was beyond repair. Mechanically sound, but the rust was making for a dangerous ride.

Felix, yep, bringing the troopy. You'll get to see that it looks much better in pics than in person but still a cool ride. I think I'll have a few things to sell too.

:beer:

hey superduper, i'm the guy that was parked next to you in the 60. hope your diff was still there, didn't realize it was a factory setup. what's the ratio in that diff?

nice meeting you and ken.

dave

I saw your trooper Wow!

I was at the swap meet on Sat. what a great band of trucks!!
I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you. Did you you sell your parts?

I'm looking for a running 2F for my fj. Really need a short block but will take what I can get. my Engine now is in pieces and don't want to take the time for a complete rebuild.

I just want to get running and on the road as soon as I can. These projects have a tendency to get side tracked when they sit apart too long.

Top Bottom