Select Vintage TEQ Parts highlight (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently did a ton of things to my rig to get her ready for a Utah desert torture test, including the 150 mile Kokopelli trail, a week of overland action in Moab UT, and a subsuquent 700 mile road trip through 120* heat and some real Moab wheeling, more than just your plane Jane dirt roads

I found a few things from local MUD member @ToyotaMatt which I wanted to share. Pretty nice little upgrades, all from his site VintageTEqParts.com. I added these in among a host of other major maintenance items which i'll post up on my build thread another day.

To get the rig ready I tackled a handful of projects which included installing a restored intake/exhaust manifold which I rehab'd to replace the cracked one on the rig. Perfect Vacuum or Bust. Right?

New on the top, Old on the bottom:
Manifold1.JPG

One of the things that had to be a part of my "ultimate factory manifold" I put together was updated exhaust studs and nuts. ToyotaMatt put together a sweet little kit which includes Torx exhaust studs and locking nuts, which replace the originals which never seem to stay tight. The torx studs makes install a breeze and the factory locktite is a nice touch.
61514829158__68907CB2-C24C-47D4-8DCA-FF3F898405E2 2.JPG

Installed:
Exhaustmanifold3.JPG

New Vs. Old:
ExhaustStud2.JPG

I recently did a ton of things to my rig to get her ready for a Utah desert torture test, including the 150 mile Kokopelli trail, a week of overland action in Moab UT, and a subsuquent 700 mile road trip through 120* heat and some real Moab wheeling, more than just your plane Jane dirt roads

I found a few things from local MUD member @ToyotaMatt which I wanted to share. Pretty nice little upgrades, all from his site VintageTEqParts.com. I added these in among a host of other major maintenance items which i'll post up on my build thread another day.

To get the rig ready I tackled a handful of projects which included installing a restored intake/exhaust manifold which I rehab'd to replace the cracked one on the rig. Perfect Vacuum or Bust. Right?

New on the top, Old on the bottom:
View attachment 2384584

One of the things that had to be a part of my "ultimate factory manifold" I put together was updated exhaust studs and nuts. ToyotaMatt put together a sweet little kit which includes Torx exhaust studs and locking nuts, which replace the originals which never seem to stay tight. The torx studs makes install a breeze and the factory locktite is a nice touch. View attachment 2384550

Installed:
View attachment 2384556
New Vs. Old:
View attachment 2384568

Looks great. What all did you do to the new one?

I replaced my manifold two years ago and (sadly) am about to do it again. Last time I had a NOS manifold to swap in. This time I am going to refurb the previous one, ahead of time so that the down time isn't too bad. I do have that kit from @ToyotaMatt as part of the refurb.

Looks great. What all did you do to the new one?

All new hardware & studs, heat flap / block-off insulator plate, all new gaskets between the plates, new Toyota OEM manifold gasket, machined it flat, bolt / washer holes counter sunk to give equal pressure across the washers, special coating on the exhaust side.

FreshcutMani.JPG

61514595848__B5C9C2AF-2E0E-4EB3-BA2C-3809F0F6EDB9.JPG

Another Item that @ToyotaMatt helped me sort out was a correct gas cap for my 60. Sure that might sound pretty straight forward, but when I got my rig over a decade ago, it was fitted with an incorrect Toyota "Diesel" cap, which the PO had crammed on there and mangled the filler neck probably after they had lost the original. I had swapped out with the below TEQ cap pictured on the right when I took ownership in 2009, but the seal was not correct, dried up and rotted, and I had replaced & rigged the cap to work with some select plumbing parts from Ace Hardware, but it's nice knowing I've got the correct cap on the rig, with the factory seal which properly seals out moisture and dust before heading way out like I do in my rig. I kept the other as a spare. Thanks to Matt for taking the time to sort that fitment out with me.
Gascap1.JPG

gascap2-jpg.2385054

Gascap2.JPG

That Rosegarden hill is a real challenge.

Brother.. SERIOUSLY.

Rated 7/8 "Severe to extreme" in an unlocked 60 on 33's and an OME lift? Amigo that was one of the craziest things I've ever done in a vehicle- period. If you really want to see Moab, not just dirt roads - I recommend you go see the Rose Garden Hill. wow.

Other various items @ToyotaMatt hooked it up with were OEM Fuel filters, Dizzy Cap, Dizzy Rotor, and some slick OEM Toyota Rubber grease which was nice to apply to things like Intake Airbox rubber seals, and carburetor dust boots.. Cool stuff
Tuneup.JPG

@ToyotaMatt Also cut me a new OEM Toyota Key, matched to my original lock cylinders, provided gaskets for the cylinders, clips, and a new Toyota lock cylinder correctly pinned to match my original.

Bottom line: great customer service and support - a standup helpful vendor, and I'm happy to be supporting a local MUD vendor. More to come :)

wheeling pics please

Brother.. SERIOUSLY.

Rated 7/8 "Severe to extreme" in an unlocked 60 on 33's and an OME lift? Amigo that was one of the craziest things I've ever done in a vehicle- period. If you really want to see Moab, not just dirt roads - I recommend you go see the Rose Garden Hill. wow.
Call me chicken. There are trails that I avoid and this is one of them. Mine is a daily driver. You did this unlocked on 33's?!!! This is a significant achievement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom