Seized turbo in salmon arm. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rmlca.ab.ca
Hello all. Kevin from the RMLCA here.

I'm in salmon arm, with a siezed CT26 on my BJ60. The truck has been running great since I left calgary, stopped from fuel in salmon arm. No more boost. I'm ultimately headed to squamish for a wedding next weekend, so I have some time.

I'm calling around locally to see if there is anyone that can help me.

My options as I see them are:
1) head home with the stuck turbo
2) continue to head west if I know there is a turbo or somewhere to fix it.

Anyone have a turbo to sell or know of somewhere that can rebuild on short notice?

Okanogan diesel had one so I headed that way

Thanks, Kevin

Last edited:
I replumbed the intake to bypass the turbo and headed to vernon where there was a turbo for me. The turbo released on the drive to vernon and seems to work fine. I still went to vernon and talked with okanogan diesel and they had a look and listen to it and said it would be fine. I made it out to squamish and I'm almost home now. It is still working fine. Still has the same boost and EGTs are still low, and it's not smoking or using oil. I'm going to pull it when I get home and have it looked at.

Whoa! Thats weird! A turbo is typically one of those things that either works perfect or grenades
Glad to see your still rollin

Ya, everyone thinks its weird. Okanogan diesel thinks maybe I had a piece of carbon from the exhaust get stuck in the exhaust side.

Sounds like you got to get out of the city more often...blow that carbon out

The shaft was not turning, and the waste gate is welded shut, so definitely not that.

It was definitely the hardest the truck has been run for a while, especially since the addition of boost. Hopefully that was the case.

How did you weld your waste gate closed? Took the exhaust elbow off and welded it to the housing?
Im interested because im running a 13bt and would like a cleaner way to block the wastegate off
Have you done other performance mods to the engine?

I had the turbo rebuilt, so it was out of the truck. The little arm that the boost controller connects to now has a healthy tack weld to the housing to stop it from moving. I bet it could be carefully removed if needed.

Other than a little pump timing, turning up the fuel 1.5 turns and a top-mount intercooler, nothing else was done to the motor. For now anyways. At some point I'm going to try to find a high nickel head, port and polish it, and tack weld the pre-cups in so they don't fall out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom