Seized spare tire HJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

I was checking out my truck this a.m. and noticed the left front tire flat. So out comes the Jack etc. I have never changed the tire so I figure, great good time to practice. I try to lower the spare underneath the truck and it won't budge using the the Toyota equipemnt provided the lower screw is seized I guess. I sprayed some WD40 on it and hammered the retaining pin to try and loosen it up to no avail. What have the rest of you done? TIA.

I lower the tire on mine once a year and spray a bunch of white lithium grease on the "winch" mechanism. Since yours is siezed I suggest keep wetting it with WD-40 until it frees. If it doesn't then let the air out of the tire to loosen it up and you may be able to get the spare off the winch for better access to repair.

Hi everyone,

I was checking out my truck this a.m. and noticed the left front tire flat. So out comes the Jack etc. I have never changed the tire so I figure, great good time to practice. I try to lower the spare underneath the truck and it won't budge using the the Toyota equipemnt provided the lower screw is seized I guess. I sprayed some WD40 on it and hammered the retaining pin to try and loosen it up to no avail. What have the rest of you done? TIA.

I slipped bolt cutters thru the gaps in the wheels and cut the chain to drop it out.

No saving a rusty winch. Just move on and place the tire somewhere else. Or try to buy a clean one from someone parting out on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom