Seized Brakes of the FJ

Yesterday morning I took the FJC to Warrenton Toyota to have the oil change done and had a few things looked at. I suspected a wheel bearing, cheap fix, but they told me both my left side calipers were seized. I figured if I'm replacing them I should upgrade them. Any recommendations? I was looking into Power Stop for the rotors/pads on all four corners. What about calipers?

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star

Stick with OEM calipers... As for the rotors and pads, I put power stops on my Tundra and they have been very good.

iptman

Price out the Napa Eclipse remans too. I put these on my 80 and they were a Toyota casting. Nicely painted black too. For the rotors I would go oem or a known quality aftermarket alternative. I got Brembo rotors for the 80 on Amazon for $50 each. No drilled or slotted though.

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star

Price out the Napa Eclipse remans too. I put these on my 80 and they were a Toyota casting. Nicely painted black too. For the rotors I would go oem or a known quality aftermarket alternative. I got Brembo rotors for the 80 on Amazon for $50 each. No drilled or slotted though.
I should clarify: when I said stick with OEM calipers, I meant there is no need to go with a performance caliper. Remans from NAPA are a solid choice, as @iptman stated, or even Cardone from AutoZone/Pepboys/Advance work as well. Though, I did have a reman from not NAPA leak between the 2 halves once.

Top Bottom