Seem to have alot of play in front diff ? Troubleshooting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, so thing's i must mention is that when i got from Reverse to Drive and on and off the gas there is quite a noticeable clunk noise, had a play with the front driveshaft and it appears as though there is a fair bit of play within the front diff. Have a video i can hopefully upload of the play in my driff if it helps will upload asap, any tips, questions or suggestions ? Can provide more info/content upon request

I am unsuccesful with the video as it is in a different format that is aloud on Ih8MUD, to further my information the front driveshaft will turn back and forth 2-3 cm.

There is no specification for drive shaft rotational play. It is due to the accumulated slop and play in lots of lots of different gears, bearings and splines so finding out what is making the clunk can be hard. Put it up on a lift and go from D to R and listen for where the noise is coming from. 20-30 mm at the differential flange sounds normal to me.

X2
Could be anything but usually its ujoints does it vibrate when you give it gas and stop when you let off?

Also it's quite gutless when taking off untill about 2k RPM and then shoots off, possibly need my injectors replaced/cleaned? or could that come down to the injector pump, as far as i'm aware they havn't even been looked at for years possibly the life of the vehicle (@ 223,000 kms on clock)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom