Seeking Pics Re Air Bag Lines Routing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,
I have been having a heck of a time finding a good routing option for the air lines for my air bags in my rear springs. Currently, I have both lines joining up on the DS, near the gas filler neck, and going to a valve behind the DS rear tire. It's an okay spot, I'm not in love with it. My PS line is not working out, I can't figure out how to route it so that it will have enough slack for long down travel while wheeling, while also staying away from my stock exhaust and not drooping down during highway use. I have had my PS line pull on the nipple on the bottom of the bag and rupture it, and had to replace it. If you have a clean solution that has stood up for some time, please describe or if possible post pics.
Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.
-Russ

I have had my air bags installed for about 1.5 years, and have no trouble so far. They hold pressure for as long as I leave them between adjustments. Very happy with them so far.

I can take better pictures for you, but these are what I have for now. The two bag lines join together right behind the differential, and then one line is routed up in behind the gas filler door. I chose this location for easy access, and if I ever wanted to I could replace the piece I drilled a hole into later down the road with a newer one and have no evidence of the fill valve ever being there. I haven’t had any issues with the routing but I also haven’t pushed suspension travel to the extreme. Consider having a loop in your line to allow flexibility without it hanging down?
IMG_7217.jpeg
IMG_7215.jpeg

Hey All,
I have been having a heck of a time finding a good routing option for the air lines for my air bags in my rear springs. Currently, I have both lines joining up on the DS, near the gas filler neck, and going to a valve behind the DS rear tire. It's an okay spot, I'm not in love with it. My PS line is not working out, I can't figure out how to route it so that it will have enough slack for long down travel while wheeling, while also staying away from my stock exhaust and not drooping down during highway use. I have had my PS line pull on the nipple on the bottom of the bag and rupture it, and had to replace it. If you have a clean solution that has stood up for some time, please describe or if possible post pics.
Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.
-Russ
I have had my air bags in for about 10 years.

I routed the lines out the bottom of the spring perch, then towards the center differential, up and over the upper control arms, then over to the frame, then up the gas filler neck to the Schrader valve inside the gas door.

I chose to tee my lines together. Even if you want two lines, route them across the upper control arms so they will travel with the suspension.

I placed a full loop about 3" in diameter at every joint so if my suspension droops or gets pulled, then there is some extra length to allow for it.

I had a Jeep GC that I placed the Schrader valve in the bumper just inside the rear gate to protect it. I found that was not a good idea because when I had it loaded with a hitch rack and it was full, I couldn't open the gate to fill the bags.

I don't have any pics, but I hope the description gets you there.

I have had my air bags in for about 10 years.

I routed the lines out the bottom of the spring perch, then towards the center differential, up and over the upper control arms, then over to the frame, then up the gas filler neck to the Schrader valve inside the gas door.

I chose to tee my lines together. Even if you want two lines, route them across the upper control arms so they will travel with the suspension.

I placed a full loop about 3" in diameter at every joint so if my suspension droops or gets pulled, then there is some extra length to allow for it.

I had a Jeep GC that I placed the Schrader valve in the bumper just inside the rear gate to protect it. I found that was not a good idea because when I had it loaded with a hitch rack and it was full, I couldn't open the gate to fill the bags.

I don't have any pics, but I hope the description gets you there.
Thanks so much, I appreciate that. I'll try to do the same.
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom