Seeking mechanic experianced with JDM 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys! I'm happy to be a new member of the forum. I recently moved back to the US from New Zealand. I brought my beloved JDM 80 Series with a 1HDT home with me.
I'm now living in Southern Utah.

This is no mall crawler and gets wheeled hard. It has a pretty long list of stuff that needs to be done to it. Most of it is minor. The head scratcher will be that I need to install a complete AC system. The previous owner ripped out all the ac components because it was not used in NZs mild climate. I sourced a handful of parts before I left but there is a lot I still need. I am almost wondering if someplace that does ac retrofits for classic cars would be the best bet.

In the past I've done most of the work myself and when I have taken to a shop it has not been a good experience. I am to short on time these days to get make much progress on my fix it list myself.

So I am reluctantly looking for a shop that will give it as much care as I do. I would really like to find a place that knows these rigs well and has worked on 1HDTs in the passed. Any suggestions? The closer to Utah the better, but I'd be up for places in Nevada, Colorado, wnd Arizona.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Here's a few poser shots from NZ. Hit me up on IG too @ overland_everywhere. I would love to find more Land Cruiser peeps to go wheeling with.
LC Stars 4.jpg
LC Mount Cook 4.jpg
LC Flex 4.jpg
Land Cruiser Mountain Overlook.jpg

Land Cruiser Sunset Edit.jpg

This would be my recommendation. My logic being that if it is good enough for the Porsche/Ferrari and the like, that it would be outstanding for the 80s. Good luck!

Do it OEM

Welcome to MUD !! Really nice rig and great pictures.

Here’s my list of Utah shops. Cruiser Outfitters would be my first choice in Utah, which might be too far from St. George?

Give Dan a call at the Landcruiser Heritage Museum. He’ll likely have a few suggestions.

(505)615-5470

CRUISER MECHANICS - Listed by State - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/cruiser-mechanics-listed-by-state.349535/

Cruiser Outfitters
6531 South Cottonwood Street
Murray, UT 84107
Tel : (801) 563-1277
www.cruiseroutfitters.com

MK Automtive
105 East Center Street
Provo, UT 84606-3134
(801) 373-7033

Western States Auto
2770 South 300 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84115-2926
(801) 486-5134

Barretts Automotive
2695 South 900 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84106-2276
(801) 467-6571

Gordon Johnson and sons machine shop
(801) 298-2142
375 S 200 W, Bountiful, UT 84010

Dixie Four Wheel Drive
Moab, UT
They are an excellent shop for quality
and fast repairs.

State Auto
State Street
Midvale
(SLC Area)

Fulton automotive
2755 E 3300 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84109

Aj Swenson at Northridge4x4 would be able to install gears.

Agility Customs
Agility did my one ton swaps and they were awesome!

Fat Bob's Garage in Layton

Advanced 4x4

Six states distributor

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom