Security System Bypass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know there have already been several posts about bypassing security systems, but I’m in a bit of a pickle. I was replacing a window channel last night and my battery died because I kept the doors open for too long. I should note that my window was w tiredly down when the battery died and now I can’t roll it up. Of course, when I jumped the battery, the alarm started going off, my neighbors are slamming their doors, and I can’t figure out how to disarm it. So, I started digging to bypass it and came across some plugs (as well as mice sh*t) stuffed behind the kick panel. I unplugged three plugs but now I’m stuck and hoping someone can provide guidance. I can’t find the matches for the factory wires that are In the second picture. I’m guessing this alarm system is not a RS3000 or a TVSS. Also, in the background of the first picture And up close in the last picture is a connector that was already unplugged. Does anyone know what it is and if it’s supposed to be plugged in?

83314607-C6BF-4E5A-A27A-EC69B6B9E222.jpeg

25CBCE5A-5005-401D-A52B-055C81C2774D.jpeg

A9879704-4480-424B-95BA-ABB4E4F47788.jpeg

CE73E7DE-ADB0-4588-BA4C-84649A24EBDD.jpeg

87C1E7B4-19BA-4B0F-8359-E2D76DA66585.jpeg

Definitely not the TVSS. I'm not an expert on the RS system but assuming this isn't that it's clearly aftermarket. Especially since you have crimp connections involved.

Unfortunately you are going to have to trace back all of the wires and deal with them one at a time. If you don't have your FSM download it from the links in my signature. The electrical wiring diagram will be your friend.

I have a suspicion that that is the Rostov ? Unit. I understand it was a port install. I had one in my '94 which caused me a few problems. I vaguely remember that i traced each wire from the controller to where it was spliced into the OEM loom. I simply cut the wire at the splice leaving the OEM side intact. Under the steering colum was a relay along with an adapter loom. I disconnected the loom and relay which left me with a bunch of OEM connectors that joined together remaking the original loom.
The relay is the starter disabling circuit so once it is removed you will be good to go...hopefully

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom