Secondar air pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Before I go to the main forum just wondering if any of you guys have had issues with secondary air pumps, (3000-4000) which is an expensive fix. I am planning on by passing it. Just looking for some local input. Thanks.

From my experiences, most of the LCs having issues with the secondary air pump after 220k mark. List price for the pump from Mr. toyota is around 600. Or you can pick up one from Amazon for 80. Labor wise, it takes about 3-4 hr to do it. If you fast with a wrench, you can do it under 2 hr. Most of the labor is removing the intake manifold assembly.
For the by pass kit, the plug and play hewitt-tech kit is around 200. Or you can get one from ebay for 50 but that kit require to splice into the map wiring harness.
In my opinion, if you don't have the check engine code for the secondary air pump now, i would bypass it now before it gave out.

Phi

Shouldn't be a problem because 99% of the smog technician out there not going recognize what is it. As long it clear all the smog monitor system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom