Second Row Seats Chafing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Kind of an odd question but my second row seats have been chafing for some time now. In the past I’ve used some padding in between the split seats to minimize this but has anyone else come across this?

If I look back there as a passenger you can clearly see the seats slightly shaking. They’re not loose, all the mounting bolts are very tight.

It’s definitely annoying because aside from the road noise it’s the only cabin noise I can hear. Could this be due to worn or bent rear suspension?

2CF36B15-CA22-47AD-B450-C926D78EBB65.jpeg

(Yes the frame weight is on)

I think the hinges and latches in the seats wear over time and develop play in them, causing the rattle/squeak. I’ve rebalanced my tires 10 times, replaced all driveshaft u-joints, replaced CV axles, replaced every single suspension component that exists, and the rear seats still shake.

@CruiserTrash developed some replacement bumpers for the 60/62 series rear seats that stop the rattle: FJ60/FJ62 Rear Seat Bumpers - https://cruisertrashparts.com/products/fj60-fj62-rear-seat-bumpers

Nothing similar exists for the 100, to my knowledge.

I think the hinges and latches in the seats wear over time and develop play in them, causing the rattle/squeak. I’ve rebalanced my tires 10 times, replaced all driveshaft u-joints, replaced CV axles, replaced every single suspension component that exists, and the rear seats still shake.

@CruiserTrash developed some replacement bumpers for the 60/62 series rear seats that stop the rattle: FJ60/FJ62 Rear Seat Bumpers - https://cruisertrashparts.com/products/fj60-fj62-rear-seat-bumpers

Nothing similar exists for the 100, to my knowledge.
That’s good to know. I’ve been chasing a driveline vibration forever now and replaced way too many parts so good to know I’m not the only one going down this rabbit hole.

Lean that seat back a couple notches and it should stop.

I've been chasing this cabin noise myself. I'm going to try to recline the seats too!

I think I noticed that noise went away for a little while when I conditioned my leather. Maybe try to clean/condition the part of the seat that touches.

Funny, I just conditioned my seats again before typing this because they started slightly squeaking again. I've taken apart the whole seat trying to tighten every component that could be linked to the looseness of the seat and it helped a little. What I did that helped a ton, was adding a little round plastic washer/bumper thing under where the passenger seat foot rest on the floor board. Its ghetto, but it works.
unnamed.jpg
unnamed 2.jpg

Funny, I just conditioned my seats again before typing this because they started slightly squeaking again. I've taken apart the whole seat trying to tighten every component that could be linked to the looseness of the seat and it helped a little. What I did that helped a ton, was adding a little round plastic washer/bumper thing under where the passenger seat foot rest on the floor board. Its ghetto, but it works. View attachment 3230355View attachment 3230354
I did something like that but it was an adhesive chair floor pad protector in between the 2 seats where they chafe up top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom