Second Row Seat Removal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I just got my new LC home yesterday, and am very impressed so far (driven to and from work, so it'd better be okay!).

I've read the owner's manual, done a few searches, and haven't found anything referencing this. Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the second row entirely? I was going to hop in there and start pulling levers to see if they come out, but figured that it'd be better to check here first.

Thanks!

Fold the second row up and slide the seats back on the runners if they already havn't been, and then there is a lever under a plastic cover lever this outwards and seats should come out ;)

Fold the second row up and slide the seats back on the runners if they already havn't been, and then there is a lever under a plastic cover lever this outwards and seats should come out ;)

That's the third row. You have to unbolt the second row seats to remove them. Tilt them forward and you can see where the bolts are.

I took the PS 2nd row seat when we went to Moab last year. There are plastic covers that you take off and then there are four bolts holding each hinge down. Like 98LX said, just fold the seat forward and you can access the bolts.

Not only the second row seat need to be unbolt, the second row brackets may need to be unbolt from the floor if you don't want your kids's knee to be jammed as they come out from third row seating a bit too fast.

To remove the brackets from the floor, I had to cut the carpet about two inches to reach the lower bolt. The carpet didn't frayed nor showed the cut I made as I first feared. The middle floor now flushed and smooth.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom