Second Row Seat Rattle (1 Viewer)

Do your second row seats rattle?

• Yes. They're loose and rattle while driving.

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No. They latch securely and do not move.

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Coming up to one month ownership of my 2017 LC200. Loving it so far, but one thing is really annoying. The constant rattle coming from the second row seats when unoccupied!! Driving me nuts! :bang: I find it crazy that my lifted 2013 FJ on MT's is quieter than my 2017 LC.

I've isolated the problem - the center floor latch has some play in it, but the other three latch securely. I've searched and came across a bunch of threads regarding the issue. The fixes seem to be tape around the latch or carpet/sponge etc under the seat to stop it moving. Tried both, it's better but not 100% fixed.

My questions are, how common is this issue and has anyone successfully had the dealer sort the problem out?

Thanks in advance!

On my '15 the seats will rattle if no-one is sitting in them. But on smooth road they don't rattle. Dealer was no help. But they said they give rattles more attention when the issue occurs in the first 12k / 12mo of ownership.

Tape and foam helped. But on really rough road they still rattle a bit. I think it's the design.

There should have been something pushing back to keep the latch tight once latched.
Like the rubber bumpers do on the doors and hood.

On my '15 the seats will rattle if no-one is sitting in them. But on smooth road they don't rattle. Dealer was no help. But they said they give rattles more attention when the issue occurs in the first 12k / 12mo of ownership.

Tape and foam helped. But on really rough road they still rattle a bit. I think it's the design.

There should have been something pushing back to keep the latch tight once latched.
Like the rubber bumpers do on the doors and hood.

Thanks for the helpful reply!

I'm due to take the LC in for it's first oil change next week and I think I'll ask them to look into it. So far it doesn't seem to be as common as I thought, which makes me think it's more of an adjustment issue rather than bad design.

I have a ‘19 (>6000 miles) with the same issue. To extent that you get some relief from the dealer I’d sure be interested in hearing the solution. Thanks!

You can take a towel, fold it once or twice and place it under the seat. It will put some upward pressure on the latch, and reduce/eliminate the rattle. It just takes a little “tuning” with the folds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom