Second row full-width bench seat repairs and fixes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 80 has a full-width second row bench seat as it's base model vehicle. Standard velour cloth covering. I have a canvas seat cover set to fit to it.

I've known it's had some age-related issue for yonks and just recently pulled it out to renew both of the latches that hold the seat base on the floor and replace the broken middle lap-only seatbelt with a new genuine one.

Today I've looked at the next issue which is the left and right side tilt-adjust mechanisms for the full-width backrest part of the rear seat. One of them doesn't latch properly and as you can see by this pics I just took today of the two mechanisms, they're old rusty crusty and yuck.

I checked in Toydiy and the part number for the grey version of the latch is the same through all years - 72630-60010-03 and 72640-60010-03. It looks like they aren't going to be difficult to replace if I do one at a time as there's a 'control rod' that links them through the back.

Has anyone worked on the rear seats to replace latches and tilt adjust mech's and found anything I need to keep in mind? I didn't end up with any issues doing the base latches apart from all the rust on the steel baseplate and the clips holding the trim on all being rusted. The seat base floor latches ended up being quite simple once I worked out how to get them out and that the seat belt parts bolt to them. :cool:

I can't fit split-fold rear seats as there aren't mounts to suit that configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom